Wikiposts

Dentists

Old May 21st 2007, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dentists

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i am refusing to go to the dentist because i know i need a lot doing..we have insurance they pay 50% the dentist eats the 25% because of hubbys job, and we pay 25% but still frightening!! Aint going and no one is going to make me :curse:

and it has nothing to do with me being scared shitless
Ohh no, nothing to do with that at all... not you...

Actually, most dentists here are sooo concerned with not hurting you, at least that's what I've found.
Old May 21st 2007, 5:19 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i am refusing to go to the dentist because i know i need a lot doing..we have insurance they pay 50% the dentist eats the 25% because of hubbys job, and we pay 25% but still frightening!! Aint going and no one is going to make me :curse:

and it has nothing to do with me being scared shitless
Until one of those rotting teeth ends up getting abcessed/infected and you are writhing in agony at 2:30 in the morning praying for the pain to go away. It's moments like that which make a root canal seem like a pleasurable experience!
Old May 21st 2007, 10:27 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Until one of those rotting teeth ends up getting abcessed/infected and you are writhing in agony at 2:30 in the morning praying for the pain to go away. It's moments like that which make a root canal seem like a pleasurable experience!
sounds like we had a similar experience
Old May 21st 2007, 10:29 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
i literally had my root canal, 2 and half hours ago. it was a miserable, but pain free experience. just numb gob. but got plenty of hardcore pain killers and moonshine just in case.
Old May 21st 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
i literally had my root canal, 2 and half hours ago. it was a miserable, but pain free experience. just numb gob. but got plenty of hardcore pain killers and moonshine just in case.
Best place I found for the dental work was in Prague.
Christmas Eve in Prague I am in mind numbing pain. I spent the night pacing the kitchen looking for something to literally bash my tooth out with. I found that stuffing ice cubes in my mouth helped the pain after finding that a bottle of nurofen did nothing. I spent the night trying to freeze enough ice to stuff in my mouth to keep the pain at bay. Next morning Christmas day I was screaming in agony. My cousin rang a few places but they were all closed. Then we tried the duty nurse at the American Health Centre. She was sitting down to Christmas dinner. She said she would come out.
I was literally screaming in the car and leapt out. The beloved dentist girl came opened up the surgery for me. She probably had never seen anyone leap into a dentist chair so fast! "Pull em out" I screamed!
Fortunately all she had to do was lance an abscess. She did a bit of emergency work then and there. Total cost was $120, most of which was the health centres mandated fee for opening up the place. I gave her an extra $50 which was probably more than her weeks wage. Dentist back in London was very impressed with her work and suggested that I spend another 3000 pounds having the work fixed up permanently with him! I calculated I could fly to Prague, stay in a nice hotel, have a great holiday, get all my dental work done to a very high standard with the very best dentists there and still have change.
Sadly never did that and stuck with the ripoff London guy...
So fly to Prague and get them to do your work for you.. you will still save money!
Old May 21st 2007, 11:18 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
Best place I found for the dental work was in Prague.
Christmas Eve in Prague I am in mind numbing pain. I spent the night pacing the kitchen looking for something to literally bash my tooth out with. I found that stuffing ice cubes in my mouth helped the pain after finding that a bottle of nurofen did nothing. I spent the night trying to freeze enough ice to stuff in my mouth to keep the pain at bay. Next morning Christmas day I was screaming in agony. My cousin rang a few places but they were all closed. Then we tried the duty nurse at the American Health Centre. She was sitting down to Christmas dinner. She said she would come out.
I was literally screaming in the car and leapt out. The beloved dentist girl came opened up the surgery for me. She probably had never seen anyone leap into a dentist chair so fast! "Pull em out" I screamed!
Fortunately all she had to do was lance an abscess. She did a bit of emergency work then and there. Total cost was $120, most of which was the health centres mandated fee for opening up the place. I gave her an extra $50 which was probably more than her weeks wage. Dentist back in London was very impressed with her work and suggested that I spend another 3000 pounds having the work fixed up permanently with him! I calculated I could fly to Prague, stay in a nice hotel, have a great holiday, get all my dental work done to a very high standard with the very best dentists there and still have change.
Sadly never did that and stuck with the ripoff London guy...
So fly to Prague and get them to do your work for you.. you will still save money!

funny you should say that, but i had a really bad screwed up wisdom tooth extraction in london, about 3 days before visiting prague and brno. well on arriving at brno my brothers doctors friend told me that teh best cure for inflammation and the terrible pain was whisky. i had doubles and triples all night and the next day no more infection or pain! czech is the best! (though i did get food poisoning a few days later in prague)