Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

That was Dennis...

That was Dennis...

Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:55 am
ImHere

Default That was Dennis...

This is Emily:

Our newest named storm and the first time a 5th named storm has occured this early in July. Currenly 45 mph winds and heres her forcast track:

Queing up behind Emily are 3 more tropical depressions

Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That was Dennis...

Originally Posted by ImHere
This is Emily:

Our newest named storm and the first time a 5th named storm has occured this early in July. Currenly 45 mph winds and heres her forcast track:

Queing up behind Emily are 3 more tropical depressions
I'm expecting a long drawn out paragraph on copyright theft any minute...

But seriously, looks like it will go over Barbados, which hasn't had a hurricane in a while - or at least up to 2001 - of course it will have to have an increase in wind speed first.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Jul 12th 2005 at 3:17 am.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:19 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

But seriously, looks like it will go over Barbados, which hasn't had a hurricane in a while - or at least up to 2001.

Uh oh...i'll be on NOAA's hit list :scared:

Yep its expected to become a hurricane around the Lesser Antillies and then track north westwards towards....you guessed it...FL sometime around Sunday. Time to polish my camera I guess.

Notice how that large inverted V of clouds out in the Atlantic east of FL looks like an Eagle swooping into land...or is it just me?

Last edited by ImHere; Jul 12th 2005 at 3:21 am.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:22 am
ImHere

But seriously, looks like it will go over Barbados, which hasn't had a hurricane in a while - or at least up to 2001 - of course it will have to have an increase in wind speed first.

NHC - Tropical Storm EMILY Public Advisory

WTNT35 KNHC 120233
TCPAT5
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM EMILY ADVISORY NUMBER 5
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
11 PM AST MON JUL 11 2005

...EMILY BECOMES THE FIFTH TROPICAL STORM OF THE SEASON...

AT 11 PM AST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM EMILY WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 11.3 NORTH... LONGITUDE 47.0 WEST OR ABOUT
1000 MILES...1610 KM... EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE LESSER ANTILLES.

EMILY IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 13 MPH...20 KM/HR...AND A
GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT A SLIGHTLY FASTER FORWARD
SPEED IS EXPECTED ON TUESDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH... 75 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. SOME STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 35 MILES
... 55 KM FROM THE CENTER.

THE ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1003 MB...29.62 INCHES.

REPEATING THE 11 PM AST POSITION...11.3 N... 47.0 W. MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR 13 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 45 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1003 MB.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER
AT 5 AM AST.

FORECASTER STEWART

Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:22 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=anotherlimey]I'm expecting a long drawn out paragraph on copyright theft any minute...
QUOTE]

Auto post from Ray...I am asleep right now, but thought you should know this...

These days, almost all things are copyrighted the moment they are written, and no copyright notice is required.

Copyright is still violated whether you charged money or not, only damages are affected by that.

Postings to the net are not granted to the public domain, and don't grant you any permission to do further copying except perhaps the sort of copying the poster might have expected in the ordinary flow of the net.

Fair use is a complex doctrine meant to allow certain valuable social purposes. Ask yourself why you are republishing what you are posting and why you couldn't have just rewritten it in your own words.

Copyright is not lost because you don't defend it; that's a concept from trademark law. The ownership of names is also from trademark law, so don't say somebody has a name copyrighted.

Fan fiction and other work derived from copyrighted works is a copyright violation.

Copyright law is mostly civil law where the special rights of criminal defendants you hear so much about don't apply. Watch out, however, as new laws are moving copyright violation into the criminal realm.

Don't rationalize that you are helping the copyright holder; often it's not that hard to ask permission.

Posting E-mail is technically a violation, but revealing facts from E-mail you got isn't, and for almost all typical E-mail, nobody could wring any damages from you for posting it. The law doesn't do much to protect works with no commercial value.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Uh oh...i'll be on NOAA's hit list :scared:

Yep its expected to become a hurricane around the Lesser Antillies and then track north westwards towards....you guessed it...FL sometime around Sunday. Time to polish my camera I guess.

Notice how that large inverted V of clouds out in the Atlantic east of FL looks like an Eagle swooping into land...or is it just me?
I see it - now that you point it out.

We should have a sweepstake on it's predicted path. Winner gets karma!

I think it will go over The Dominican Republic, North of Cuba then hit the southern tip of Florida. Might even make it to the Gulf.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:26 am
ImHere

[QUOTE=gruffbrown]
QUOTE]

Auto post from Ray...I am asleep right now, but thought you should know this...

These days, almost all things are copyrighted the moment they are written, and no copyright notice is required.

Copyright is still violated whether you charged money or not, only damages are affected by that.

Postings to the net are not granted to the public domain, and don't grant you any permission to do further copying except perhaps the sort of copying the poster might have expected in the ordinary flow of the net.

Fair use is a complex doctrine meant to allow certain valuable social purposes. Ask yourself why you are republishing what you are posting and why you couldn't have just rewritten it in your own words.

Copyright is not lost because you don't defend it; that's a concept from trademark law. The ownership of names is also from trademark law, so don't say somebody has a name copyrighted.

Fan fiction and other work derived from copyrighted works is a copyright violation.

Copyright law is mostly civil law where the special rights of criminal defendants you hear so much about don't apply. Watch out, however, as new laws are moving copyright violation into the criminal realm.

Don't rationalize that you are helping the copyright holder; often it's not that hard to ask permission.

Posting E-mail is technically a violation, but revealing facts from E-mail you got isn't, and for almost all typical E-mail, nobody could wring any damages from you for posting it. The law doesn't do much to protect works with no commercial value.

Am I violating copyright now by quoting you? Or is that "the sort of copying the poster might have expected in the ordinary flow of the net. " ?

Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:29 am
ImHere

I see it - now that you point it out.

We should have a sweepstake on it's predicted path. Winner gets karma!

I think it will go over The Dominican Republic, North of Cuba then hit the southern tip of Florida. Might even make it to the Gulf.

Hmm my money is on a slightly more northern track...just north of Domincan Republic and then a NW curve up the FL coast to around here (Palm Beach), crossing FL into the gulf somewhere around Tampa then on to the Louisiana coast line. I think it'll make a cat 3 at at sea but drop to a 2 on landfall. I hope.

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ImHere]
Originally Posted by gruffbrown

Am I violating copyright now by quoting you? Or is that "the sort of copying the poster might have expected in the ordinary flow of the net. " ?
Or have I broken copyright by cutting n pasting that text?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lets not get into a Law discussion, I feel the ambulance chasers are hovering around.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:32 am
ImHere

[QUOTE=gruffbrown]

Or have I broken copyright by cutting n pasting that text?
Yes. You're nicked sonny. Come quite now...dont struggle, im warning you...now <thwack> I warned you.....
...Sorry your honour he tripped while I was helping him into the car.

Uh sorry...flashbacks. They come sometimes out of the blue so to speak,

Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:33 am

[QUOTE=ImHere]

Yes. You're nicked sonny. Come quite now...dont struggle, im warning you...now <thwack> I warned you.....

As Jean Paul Satre once said....."its all bollocks mate"

[QUOTE=ImHere]

Or out of the blues and twos
ImHere

Lets not get into a Law discussion, I feel the ambulance chasers are hovering around.
Ahhhh life in the good ol' land of the offended and the home of the sued.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:35 am

[QUOTE=gruffbrown]
As Jean Paul Satre once said....."its all bollocks mate"
It's a literal translation by me and my copyright I believe....sue me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.