Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

denied entry into us

denied entry into us

Old Aug 16th 2002, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

jiff68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default denied entry into us

i have been travelling to the us for the last 3 years. i have a girlfreind ,and a 12 month old son in the us. i travelled to the us on a visa waiver. retured. before my 90 days are up. work in the uk to save up money for a ticket to return for 85 days. always in time before it expires now, the last visit i was denied entry and sent back. now, where do i stand i cant get any answers from the us embassy in london just the run around. any help or advice would help. dose this mean i have to get a visa and cant use my passport. anymore thanks in advance.

Last edited by jiff68; Aug 16th 2002 at 10:44 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2002, 2:36 pm
Stuart Brook

Default Re: denied entry into us

jiff68 wrote:
    > i have been travelling to the us for the last 3 years i have a girlfreind and a 12
    > month old son in the us i travelled to the us on a visa waiver return before my 90
    > days work in the uk to save more money for a ticket to return for 85 days always in
    > time before it expires now the last visit i was denied entry and sent back now
    > where do i stand i cant get any answers from the us embassy in london just the run
    > around any help or advice would help dose this mean i have to get a visa and cant
    > use my passport anymore thanks in advance
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is to be expected when you have close ties in the USA. It is believed that you
will attempt to enter the US with immigrant intent when entering as a non-immigrant
which is not permitted on a B2 including on Visa Waiver.

The only way around this is to prove your ties to the UK - a lease for a home,
utility bills, proof of employment etc., but even then the chances are slim. The
only way around this is to plan to get married and have her file for a fiance visa
for you ... you can enter the US and then have 90 days to get married.

Old Aug 16th 2002, 4:25 pm
Chong

check your english

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:31:51 +0000, jiff68 <[email protected]> wrote:

>i have been travelling to the us for the last 3 years i have a girlfreind and a 12
    >month old son in the us i travelled to the us on a visa waiver return before my 90
    >days work in the uk to save more money for a ticket to return for 85 days always in
    >time before it expires now the last visit i was denied entry and sent back now where
    >do i stand i cant get any answers from the us embassy in london just the run around
    >any help or advice would help dose this mean i have to get a visa and cant use my
    >passport anymore thanks in advance

Old Aug 16th 2002, 4:42 pm
Joachim Feise

jiff68 wrote:
    > i have been travelling to the us for the last 3 years i have a girlfreind and a 12
    > month old son in the us i travelled to the us on a visa waiver return before my 90
    > days work in the uk to save more money for a ticket to return for 85 days always in
    > time before it expires now the last visit i was denied entry and sent back now
    > where do i stand i cant get any answers from the us embassy in london just the run
    > around any help or advice would help dose this mean i have to get a visa and cant
    > use my passport anymore thanks in advance

How often did you travel on the visa waiver? A rule of thumb is that you should not
use it more than once or twice a year. Otherwise, they may suspect immigration
intent. And, yes, you probably will have to get a visa to be able to travel to the US
in the future. For people in visa waiver countries it often isn't easy to even get a
visitor visa, since they know that only people with problems in the past need one.
Oh, and please use better punctuation. Your post is really hard to read.

-Joe

Old Aug 18th 2002, 12:40 pm
Amer20034

>i have been travelling to the us for the last 3 years i have a girlfreind and a 12
    >month old son in the us i travelled to the us on a visa waiver return before my 90
    >days work in the uk to save more money for a ticket to return for 85 days always in
    >time before it expires now the last visit i was denied entry and sent back now where
    >do i stand i cant get any answers from the us embassy in london just the run around
    >any help or advice would help dose this mean i have to get a visa and cant use my

Maybe it's because you don't use punctuation marks, or capitalization.

Old Sep 10th 2002, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

jiff68 is an unknown quantity at this point

is this a help forum or a spelling class or do u just fanny around picking faults in peoples puntuaion QUOTE]Originally posted by Amer20034:

Maybe it's because you don't use punctuation marks, or capitalization.
[/QUOTE]