delays ....

Old Aug 28th 2003, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

weiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default delays ....

anyone experience delays in processing their visa? I applied for a 6months tourist visa 4months ago! I got a 221(g) on the letter and the lady who interviewed me asaid that my application would take another 6-8 weeks to process and will need to goto washington. Anyone else experience delays this long when they applied?

thanx
Old Aug 28th 2003, 4:25 pm
mwm
Forum Regular

mwm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: delays ....

Originally posted by weiser
anyone experience delays in processing their visa? I applied for a 6months tourist visa 4months ago! I got a 221(g) on the letter and the lady who interviewed me asaid that my application would take another 6-8 weeks to process and will need to goto washington. Anyone else experience delays this long when they applied?

thanx
I experienced extremely long delays and then I contacted my Local MP and within a week he had contacted me after contacting the US EMbassy on my behalf.As you are a constituent,they must reply to you and I was very thankful of the help I got from my mp
Old Aug 28th 2003, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

So do you advise I also contact my local MP? Did you finally get your visa once your local MP contacted the embassy? The US Embassy has been very unhelpful and replys back the same old thing each time saying my application is going through more processing. I have no convictions, I am british National, I have a house, a job and my family are all here so I really do not understand why they are taking so long. Thanks for you reply, please give me further advise like how long was it before you contacted your MP and if they eventually had to speed up your application, diod you finally get the visa? what did you say to your MP? any help appreciated thanks
Old Aug 28th 2003, 8:44 pm
mwm
Forum Regular

mwm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by weiser
So do you advise I also contact my local MP? Did you finally get your visa once your local MP contacted the embassy? The US Embassy has been very unhelpful and replys back the same old thing each time saying my application is going through more processing. I have no convictions, I am british National, I have a house, a job and my family are all here so I really do not understand why they are taking so long. Thanks for you reply, please give me further advise like how long was it before you contacted your MP and if they eventually had to speed up your application, diod you finally get the visa? what did you say to your MP? any help appreciated thanks

Well,I can never say for sure if it was due to my MP but I wrote to over 40 people in the american government and at BCIS and din't even get a reply but after writing to my MP got a reply after 1 week to come in and interview for my work permit which I had waited almost 9 months for.My MP replied via email and later via letter to me within 3 days.I cannot stress enough that it might not have been due to him but things certainly started happening after he got involved.I advise you to write a letter to him via email and the post stating dates etc and your experience,it can't do any harm.Best of luck
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanx for the info mwm, going to give it a try and see what happens!