Wikiposts

Daytona 500

Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:19 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daytona 500

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Doesn't the album take off if they all flap their wings at the same time?
Fortunately butterflies aren't great team players so they haven't been able to get themselves sufficiently organised for that to happen as yet.
Perhaps if a figure emerges from their ranks who can unite them to work in unison for the greater good then that might one day happen - a butterfly nelson mandela if you will.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:23 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Fortunately butterflies aren't great team players so they haven't been able to get themselves sufficiently organised for that to happen as yet.
Perhaps if a figure emerges from their ranks who can unite them to work in unison for the greater good then that might one day happen - a butterfly nelson mandela if you will.
It works with flies....
Attached Thumbnails Daytona 500-flyplane.jpeg  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:24 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

It works with flies....
I get the feeling that you had that one queued up and ready to go
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

It works with flies....
Nah I tried that once when I was a kid...they couldnt get airborne so I torched them with my dads lighter in disgust.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:26 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I get the feeling that you had that one queued up and ready to go
LOL, it was readily available
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Nah I tried that once when I was a kid...they couldnt get airborne so I torched them with my dads lighter in disgust.
I used to do that with Action man, the flame proof firefighters suit wasn't flameproof, surprise, surprise
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:28 am
Thinking about it

I think you'll find that they would have responded better to a little love and gentle encouragement
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I used to do that with Action man, the flame proof firefighters suit wasn't flameproof, surprise, surprise
I did once make a "booster rocket" out of a can of Easy Start (remember that?) to which I strapped my action man ...I then stuck him ontop of a bonfire in order to make him Astronaut man...I think he made about 100 foot before falling to earth in a fiery ball of ethyl alcohol.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:31 am
Account Closed

I think you'll find that they would have responded better to a little love and gentle encouragement
No time for that when you are 10 years old....

"Fly you sods! No? Ok" ....pfffsstssst...next experiment
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:38 am

I did once make a "booster rocket" out of a can of Easy Start (remember that?) to which I strapped my action man ...I then stuck him ontop of a bonfire in order to make him Astronaut man...I think he made about 100 foot before falling to earth in a fiery ball of ethyl alcohol.
Making cannons in metalwork and using gunpowder from fireworks and ball bearings, we were nasty little buggars really
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:44 am
Thinking about it

Making cannons in metalwork and using gunpowder from fireworks and ball bearings, we were nasty little buggars really
Did no-one else enjoy making apple crumble in home ec then ???
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:46 am

Did no-one else enjoy making apple crumble in home ec then ???
Cheese and Potato pie was the culinary delight in the 60's
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:02 am
Account Closed

LOL.

I remember we went round the local chemists buying ingredients to make black powder...which we then made all sorts of fun things from, mostly involving crimped 1 inch copper pipe. Could you imagine kids doing that now?

Funnily enough I was recently showing my daughter how to make soda bottle rockets using vinegar and baking soda....I havent yet got her onto how to make bombs.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:03 am

LOL.

I remember we went round the local chemists buying ingredients to make black powder...which we then made all sorts of fun things from, mostly involving crimped 1 inch copper pipe. Could you imagine kids doing that now?
Swan vestas and tin foil
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Swan vestas and tin foil
Class.....but a pain in the butt scraping all the heads off carefully so as not to pre-ignite the lot.

We actually made a working and functional mortar when I was 13 capable of lobbing fiery bombs around a 100 yards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.