Damn cheek!

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Damn cheek!

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
,for free in England. I miss the NHS.
sorry i don't agree with this ...i'd like to remind everyone that the nhs is not free.... the tax payer pays and our parents and grandparents etc have all contributed.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:32 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
sorry i don't agree with this ...i'd like to remind everyone that the nhs is not free.... the tax payer pays and our parents and grandparents etc have all contributed.
Free at the point of delivery is the key phrase.

Under the good old NHS you will not be billed for treatment or denied treatment based on your ability to pay. And the amount you pay (i.e.your taxes and NI contribs) is not affected by your past or present health situation. Unlike some places.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Free at the point of delivery is the key phrase.

Under the good old NHS you will not be billed for treatment or denied treatment based on your ability to pay. And the amount you pay (i.e.your taxes and NI contribs) is not affected by your past or present health situation. Unlike some places.

Agreed but I think what some of us is trying to say is that the NHS is not FREE. People who work have to pay contributions. It is however free to those who have never worked!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Agreed but I think what some of us is trying to say is that the NHS is not FREE. People who work have to pay contributions. It is however free to those who have never worked!
tks jerseygirl for spelling it out...
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:09 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

And what about those who have treatment as opposed to those who are rarely ill? For the treatment of cancer for example, the contributions you have made likely don't cover the cost of the treatment. Should we complain about that?
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
And what about those who have treatment as opposed to those who are rarely ill? For the treatment of cancer for example, the contributions you have made likely don't cover the cost of the treatment. Should we complain about that?

The only point I was trying to make is that the NHS is NOT FREE. Whether you have no treatment, some treatment or extremely costly treatment it is not FREE to those who/have worked and have paid NHS contributions. It is only free to people that have never worked therefore never paid any contributions. Thats all.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:42 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

The only point I was trying to make is that the NHS is NOT FREE. Whether you have no treatment, some treatment or extremely costly treatment it is not FREE to those who/have worked and have paid NHS contributions. It is only free to people that have never worked therefore never paid any contributions. Thats all.
It's also free to those who get treatment at the point at which their treatment costs are greater than their contributions.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
It's also free to those who get treatment at the point at which their treatment costs are greater than their contributions.
Sorry don't agree. They may have got more than they paid in but is in not free.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:10 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

We all know the NHS isn't perfect. For example, (I think it's still true) military personnel pay a share of the NHS but can't use it. But regardless, it sure as hell beats the funding schme over here.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Does your exclamation mark imply that you are pproposing that children and students be denied NHS treatment?
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Does your exclamation mark imply that you are pproposing that children and students be denied NHS treatment?
Not at all. All I am saying is that NHS treatment is not free to people that are paying contributions. That's it. I am not saying that anyone should not be entitled to treatment. I am not saying that it is better or worse than anyother healthcare system. I am just saying that it is not a free service to everyone because those that are/have worked have paid for it.

A lot of people here assume that it is free as you do not have to produce your credit card.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:42 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have trouble understanding the concept of something being free at the point of delivery?

Do you also go around telling people that (for example) driving on Interstate highways is NOT FREE ??

How dare those people who don't work drive on roads that us contributers have paid for.

Last edited by elfman; Jan 23rd 2006 at 1:47 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:51 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Sorry don't agree. They may have got more than they paid in but is in not free.
So the part they are getting that they didn't pay for is free then.

If you buy 1lb of apples and I give you 2lbs then you are getting the second pound free. Get it now?
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:51 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by elfman
Do you have trouble understanding the concept of something being free at the point of delivery?
I get it.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:56 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

An (American) friend of mine was complaining only today that he took his daughter to A+E for a nasty cut on her arm ( it was pretty bad and needed stitches). They had to wait 5 hours to be seen and then it cost them their $250 deductable

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Jan 23rd 2006 at 1:58 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.