current k-3 timelines

current k-3 timelines

Old Jun 17th 2002, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

sham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default current k-3 timelines

i have a question for u all.
my k-3 application reached MSC on 4/3/02
and according to the websites that are listed in this forum MSC is processing app recv'd on 4/15/02, but i havent heard any thing from MSC yet. (when i call i get the 15-21 day message)
Has any body else have the same thing happen to them? is there any thing that can be done?

Thx.
Old Jun 18th 2002, 3:20 am
jrusch

Default Re: current k-3 timelines

I can tell you that when i called the message for the K3 I was always told that my
info cannot be found at this time. THAT WAS UNNERVING. I went on vacation and when I
came back I called it and it said my application had been approved on May 28 which
was a Tuesday. I got the approval letter Saturday, the day after I called. June 10 I
got the letter from the NVC with my case number. My k3 application took 9 weeks to go
through. My receipt date was March 22, 2002.

Today I sent my financials with I-134 to my wife via Fedex. it is supposed to take 3
days they told me. I hope to have her here with me in Florida in September. Then we
willl have another wedding for my family in December(aniversary) and then wait for
Texas to process out I-130 visa. OH BOY lol

John in FL

Donna Herboth

Hey there...

Check it again. Our I-129f reached Missouri on April 3, 2002 (reached Chicago on
April 1st), our I-130 was approved on June 11th, and I just found out tonight (and
will be telling my Germany husband in about 40 minutes... when he wakes up) that
today (our 2 year anniversary of being together) our K-3 visa was approved. Go
figure....

Donna

sham wrote:

> i have a question for u all. my k-3 application reached MSC on 4/3/02 and according
    > to the websites that are listed in this forum MSC is processing app recv'd on
    > 4/15/02, but i havent heard any thing from MSC yet. (when i call i get the 15-21
    > day message) Has any body else have the same thing happen to them? is there any
    > thing that can be done?
    >
    > Thx.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Donna Herboth

Hey there...

Check it again. Our I-129f reached Missouri on April 3, 2002 (reached Chicago on
April 1st), our I-130 was approved on June 11th, and I just found out tonight (and
will be telling my German husband in about 40 minutes... when he wakes up) that today
(our 2 year anniversary of being together) our K-3 visa was approved. Go figure....

Donna

sham wrote:

> i have a question for u all. my k-3 application reached MSC on 4/3/02 and according
    > to the websites that are listed in this forum MSC is processing app recv'd on
    > 4/15/02, but i havent heard any thing from MSC yet. (when i call i get the 15-21
    > day message) Has any body else have the same thing happen to them? is there any
    > thing that can be done?
    >
    > Thx.
    >
    > --

Old Jun 18th 2002, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Thx for your responses
my applicaplication was recieved by chicago on 4/1 and MSC on 4/3 as well, but i checked today same 15-21 day answer
but hearing from u guys does give me hope. may be it will be done in a another week or so. i was wondering if this is an unusually long time to wait and if something can be done besides calling MSC and listening to the same message everyday.
i guess i'm too anxious
Old Jun 19th 2002, 1:20 am
Donna Herboth

Out of curiosity... where did you file your I-130?

Donna

sham wrote:

> Thx for your responses my applicaplication was recieved by chicago on
    > 4/1 and MSC on 4/3 as well, but i checked today same 15-21 day answer but
    > hearing from u guys does give me hope. may be it will be done in a another week
    > or so. i was wondering if this is an unusually long time to wait and if something
    > can be done besides calling MSC and listening to the same message everyday. i
    > guess i'm too anxious
    >
    > --
    > http://www.ameriscot.com/i130
    >

Old Jun 19th 2002, 3:21 am
Just Joined

hey Donna Thx for ur replies. I just called MSC and they approved my k-3 app today (6/18) I live in florida so filed my i130 to TX
heard that they like taking there sweet time but i'm too happy to complain today .

anyways good luck hope both of our apps' second phase gets completed pain free as well.

heres what i did for the benefit of other people thinking about filing k-3

i sent my i129-f and i130 on the same date (4/1/02). I did not wait for the 1st NOA from TX to send with the i129f, and as a proof that i had filed for i130 i sent chicago a copy of my filled out i-130 and the copy of the certified mail reciept that the post office gave me. and noted on my cover letter that i'm sending these items as a proof that i have filed my i-130.
i guess they excepted that as a proof, but i dont know it thats a standard practice or not and i have heard that an RFI would set u back time wise so i guess be careful
Old Jun 19th 2002, 12:20 pm
Donna Herboth

EXCELLENT!!! Congratulations!

Donna

sham wrote:

> hey Donna Thx for ur replies. I just called MSC and they approved my k-3 app today
    > (6/18) I live in florida so filed my i130 to TX heard that they like taking there
    > sweet time but i'm too happy to complain today .
    >
    > anyways good luck hope both of our apps' second phase gets completed pain free
    > as well.
    >
    > heres what i did for the benefit of other people thinking about filing k-3
    >
    > i sent my i129-f and i130 on the same date (4/1/02). I did not wait for the 1st NOA
    > from TX to send with the i129f, and as a proof that i had filed for i130 i sent
    > chicago a copy of my filled out i-130 and the copy of the certified mail reciept
    > that the post office gave me. and noted on my cover letter that i'm sending these
    > items as a proof that i have filed my i-130. i guess they excepted that as a proof,
    > but i dont know it thats a standard practice or not and i have heard that an RFI
    > would set u back time wise so i guess be careful
    >
    > --

Old Jun 20th 2002, 12:20 pm
Richard Sun

Wow, I was always curious what other forms of proof the MSC wanted that the I-130 was
filed, good gamble.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html