Cup a soup?

Old Sep 30th 2006, 5:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cup a soup?

Okay, so what do you lot do for lunches at work?

Me, usually left overs or sarnies, to lazy to head off to the various places around, though do go the curry thing on the odd Friday with a couple of the guys at work.

But, with winter coming along, thought it might be nice having a tacky cup-a-soup thing as a snack at work....my mother sent me some Ainsley Harriot one's which were pretty good last year....but not bothered in trying everything under the sun over here, had the lipton one's and they were nasty salt feasts...so, any recommendations?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:11 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cup a soup?

Originally Posted by Bob

Me, usually left overs or sarnies, to lazy to head off to the various places around, though do go the curry thing on the odd Friday with a couple of the guys at work.

But, with winter coming along, thought it might be nice having a tacky cup-a-soup thing as a snack at work....my mother sent me some Ainsley Harriot one's which were pretty good last year....but not bothered in trying everything under the sun over here, had the lipton one's and they were nasty salt feasts...so, any recommendations?
I get $45 a day (if I have to leave the house) from the company to spend on food, so I nosh it up wherever I can, sometimes I buy a sarnie for lunch out of my own pocket then expense a meal for the whole family when I get home in the evening. Apart from that I work from home so I just eat what's in the fridge.

Last edited by Rodney you plonker; Sep 30th 2006 at 7:16 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

They are ALL nasty here, i have yet to find a good one and I have tried all that I can find. I have resorted to getting mum to post them to me and bringing them back when i come.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:15 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

I work from home and dont usually eat lunch as such. I do walk to our local coffee house next to the park and read in the sun for an hour or so Dont do lunch in the winter except for weekends and then its Brunch cos I'm a lazy bones

Recommend making a pot of homemade soup at the weekend and eating that all week at work (do you have a microwave or stove top?)
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
I get $45 a day (if I have to leave the house) from the company to spend on food, so I nosh it up wherever I can, sometimes I buy a sarnie for lunch out of my own pocket then expense a meal for the whole family when I get home in the evening. Apart from that I work from home so I just eat what's in the fridge.
blimey.....I think I might want to work for your company then

having said that, while Caesar was beta, the company got dinner in every day for everyone, and apart from the crap italian place across the street (chicken parma was good, everything else sucked), all the places were great, nice mix of stuff too....hmmm...
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:29 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112

Recommend making a pot of homemade soup at the weekend and eating that all week at work (do you have a microwave or stove top?)

Absolutely! Commercial soups here are soooooooo over-salted, and anything that has to be reconstituted is just too yuck to even contemplate.

Making soups is so easy. Learn to make 5 different ones, make a pot of each, freeze in portions, Bob's your ........ whatever

(I'll send you my special Middle Eastern lentil soup recipe if you show serious interest and commitment )
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Aye, a couple of microwaves and toaster oven, and if we move to the office next door, there's a proper kitchen, but it looks like they might mover elsewhere, so wouldn't know...

but yeah we make own soaps, and makes a nice lunch, but I was after more of a quick fix snack for after, rather than chomping on chocolate or oat bar things.

So anyone tried those soups in a carton things? the microwave campbells soup in a cup thing are a bit shite, tiny, expensive and not that nice...can't be arsed with canned soups, but might try a carton to chuck in the fridge at work...but if something out of a bag works, that's even better
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Elvira
Making soups is so easy. Learn to make 5 different ones, make a pot of each, freeze in portions, Bob's your ........ whatever

(I'll send you my special Middle Eastern lentil soup recipe if you show serious interest and commitment )
That could be good....usually not a big fan of lentils, but not to bad in stews or spicey stuff, the ainsley jobby was a nice one...anyway, I usually make a nice chicken soup or a creamy chicken soup, the missus makes a nice steak soup, and I do a tomato soup.

wouldn't mind scotch broth type deal, but to lazy to bother, and also really like ox-tail, but I rather just buy that than have to think that it's an ox tail *lol*
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
but yeah we make own soaps,
Soap does not make a good lunch ..so I have been told ....
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
So the Mrs likes to spoil you then?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:38 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I buy soups from the organic section, Amy's or Health Valley. They are superb.
Amy's tomato and tomato bisques can't be bettered at home because they pick the fruit at it's peak.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ray
opps
Old Sep 30th 2006, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Working nights its a littel limiting especially as we only get 30 mins. I generally take either sandwiches or something thats left over from dinner like pizza or spagetti.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I buy soups from the organic section, Amy's or Health Valley. They are superb.
Amy's tomato and tomato bisques can't be bettered at home because they pick the fruit at it's peak.
You beat me to it. You can also buy frozen organc meals in the health stores.

http://www.amyskitchen.com/products/...od_category=10

Btw, WHOLE PAYPACKET is opening up in London next year! 80 000 sqft of space!...

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/UK/index.html

They're opening up in ALABAMA for goodness sakes, and nowhere near me! What the 'eck?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 10:40 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Soup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.