Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cumberland County, NC

Cumberland County, NC

Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Curious is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cumberland County, NC

Hi, fairly new member so be kind! I am currently in New Zealand originally from Scotland and now have the chance to work in North Carolina for 3 years. Wondered if anyone had any info on Cumberland County - don't know exactly where yet! Have been told my salary will be $30,000 or there abouts. Have converted that to both New Zealand dollars and British pounds and it doesn't seem very high. Any ideas on this? Have done some searching on the web but would like some 'real' info. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cumberland County, NC

Originally Posted by Curious
Hi, fairly new member so be kind! I am currently in New Zealand originally from Scotland and now have the chance to work in North Carolina for 3 years. Wondered if anyone had any info on Cumberland County - don't know exactly where yet! Have been told my salary will be $30,000 or there abouts. Have converted that to both New Zealand dollars and British pounds and it doesn't seem very high. Any ideas on this? Have done some searching on the web but would like some 'real' info. Thanks in advance.
hiya and welcome

sorry, can't answer any of your questions however your thread title made me have an instant craving for cumberland sausages....ohh i love em
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:17 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I live and work in Durham/City of Durham/Durham County in NC. I had to check the counties map of NC to locate Cumberland County. It's south of where I live and I have to admit I've not visited the county though I've driven through it.

One notable town in Cumberland County that people around the world may have heard of is Fayetteville, home of Fort Bragg.

Here's a couple of sites that might give you a flavor of the county-
http://www.co.cumberland.nc.us/

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genIn...locIndex=19231
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies. I will check the websites out and try to decide if this is a good idea
Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly, don't know if $30,000 is a liveable salary for a family. Depends on your lifestyle. I use this site for my Carolina researching. You might find it helpful and some of the links it offers.

http://www.carolinaliving.com/default1.asp
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rete. That site looks good. I thought the salary seemed a bit low. There are three of us and my husband would be working eventually but we don't have any savings. Will really need to think about this carefully before we make any sort of decision