Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Culture shock?

Culture shock?

Old Aug 11th 2002, 2:16 am
Michael D. Young

Default Re: Culture shock?

rogerpenycate wrote:

> Alex and Jacqueline, You've followed my posts on a similar thread. I won't defend
    > them, they are after all just dickheads who probably have no right to be posting on
    > a ng that is entirely based on alien/US relationships. I wonder why they are
    > posting on here, at least Michael Young (thingy) has admitted to being married to
    > an "alien"

Yes an as of 08/08/2002 she is a conditional permanent resident alien, who
intends to become a U.S. citizen. Who doesn't whine everyday she misses home and
back home things were better. She is very happy here with me and doesn't intend
to ever go back.

Take care,

Mike

Old Aug 11th 2002, 2:46 am
Paulgani

I guess it must be true. You Brits have no sense of humo(u)r!

Paulgani

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Alex and Jacqueline, You've followed my posts on a similar thread. I won't defend
    > them, they are after all just dickheads who probably have no right to be posting on
    > a ng that is entirely based on alien/US relationships. I wonder why they are
    > posting on here, at least Michael Young (thingy) has admitted to being married to
    > an "alien" The others, Paulganigeezer,Quinkmangeezer and JPGeezer are really not
    > worth bothering to put "finger to keyboard" Don't drive yourselves mad at these
    > xenophpbic arseholes who are after all no better then TROLLS.
    > 99.99999% of Americans, I'm sure would not even bother their time if day to post on
    > here. They have lives to get on with. So do us "aliens" so let's get on with our
    > time in the US and just hope that, on the street, we don't run into similar
    > wankers
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 11th 2002, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Michael J Young
(does the J stand for Judge ?)
I promised earlier that I would not rise to the bait however, you are one arrogant son of a bitch.
You, Sir, have rabbited on so long on this thread, and all of a sudden, as of 2 days ago you are in the same boat of the rest of us.
Well done for admitting this on day one.
So she has become a CPR since the 8th August, suggests to me that she hasn't been in the States or perhaps married to you for very long.
Also the fact that she doesn't "whine all day long" is probably
because she hasn't been in the US for very long (CPR !!)
Correct me if I'm wrong.......
A CPR is someone who has "recently" been married to a US Citizen (how am I doing so far..Redneck)
That suggests to me that she hasn't been in the US for very long (How am I doing)
Which aslo suggests to me that you haven't lived together for very long (How am I doing)
Which also suggests to me that she hasn't yet decided (apart
from your brainwashing) whether or not she wnats to become a Citizen.

Here's a few questions for you which may make the rest of us take you seriuosly or not.
1/. From which country is your wife.
2/. When and how did you meet her
3/. When and where were you married.
4/. How long were you with her, immediatly before your wedding
5/. Have you said to her "You must become a citizen otherwise I will not marry you"
6/. Did she undertsand what you were saying.
7/. Does your "alien wife" know you are on the internet slagging off other aliens, some probably from her country.
8/. Can you quote the bill of rights
9/. Complete the following "We know these truths to be self evident..............
10/. Can you give me the email of Paulgani who you replied to join his little racist group
11/.How do you know that I am not from the INS checking up on your "marriage"
12/. Do you know how to spell Chauvinist Pig "she is very happy to be here zzzzzzzzzzz
13/. And I remind you I am from the UK ... Name the 11 states who orginally went to war against the Union
14/. Where is "Tara"
15/. name 4 states of America that are conected to food and the chicken.
16/. If it had not been for......................(which country)
(6 etters beginning with F...........

If you cannot answer all of these questions, I suggest that you
"butt out and let us aliens who do know the answers join you in the "Land of oppurtunity"
Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:31 am
Quinkman

<< Subject: Re: Culture shock? From: "Michael D. Young" [email protected] Date: Sat,
Aug 10, 2002 9:16 PM Message-id: <[email protected]>
>>

<< Yes an as of 08/08/2002 she is a conditional permanent resident alien, who
intends to become a U.S. citizen. Who doesn't whine everyday she misses home and
back home things were better. She is very happy here with me and doesn't intend to
ever go back.

Take care,

Mike

>>

now she's a true American, thank you Mike

PS: they don't get it

Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:31 am
Quinkman

<< Subject: Re: Culture shock? From: "paulgani" [email protected] Date: Sat, Aug
10, 2002 9:46 PM Message-id: <[email protected]>

I guess it must be true. You Brits have no sense of humo(u)r!

Paulgani
>>

and they really should

Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:39 am
Quinkman

<< Subject: Re: Culture shock? From: rogerpenycate [email protected] Date:
Sat, Aug 10, 2002 10:32 PM Message-id: <[email protected]>

Michael J Young (does the J stand for Judge ?) I promised earlier that I would not
rise to the bait however, you are one arrogant son of a bitch. You, Sir, have
rabbited on so long on this thread, and all of a sudden, as of 2 days ago you are in
the same boat of the rest of us. Well done for admitting this on day one. So she has
become a CPR since the 8th August, suggests to me that she hasn't been in the States
or perhaps married to you for very long. Also the fact that she doesn't "whine all
day long" is probably because she hasn't been in the US for very long (CPR !!)
Correct me if I'm wrong....... A CPR is someone who has "recently" been married to a
US Citizen (how am I doing so far..Redneck) That suggests to me that she hasn't been
in the US for very long (How am I doing) Which aslo suggests to me that you haven't
lived together for very long (How am I doing) Which also suggests to me that she
hasn't yet decided (apart from your brainwashing) whether or not she wnats to become
a Citizen.

Here's a few questions for you which may make the rest of us take you
seriuosly or not.
1/. From which country is your wife.
2/. When and how did you meet her
3/. When and where were you married.
4/. How long were you with her, immediatly before your wedding
5/. Have you said to her "You must become a citizen otherwise I will not marry you"
6/. Did she undertsand what you were saying.
7/. Does your "alien wife" know you are on the internet slagging off other aliens,
some probably from her country.
8/. Can you quote the bill of rights
9/. Complete the following "We know these truths to be self evident..............
10/. Can you give me the email of Paulgani who you replied to join his little
racist group
11/.How do you know that I am not from the INS checking up on your "marriage"
12/. Do you know how to spell Chauvinist Pig "she is very happy to be here
zzzzzzzzzzz
13/. And I remind you I am from the UK ... Name the 11 states who orginally went to
war against the Union
14/. Where is "Tara"
15/. name 4 states of America that are conected to food and the chicken.
16/. If it had not been for......................(which country) (6 etters beginning
with F...........

If you cannot answer all of these questions, I suggest that you "butt out and let us
aliens who do know the answers join you in the "Land of oppurtunity"

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

>>

damn long boring post, you must have a lot of time on you hands

Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:44 am
Paulgani

OK, maybe you don't have a sense of humo(u)r, but you ARE really funny!

Paulgani

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Michael J Young (does the J stand for Judge ?) I promised earlier that I would not
    > rise to the bait however, you are one arrogant son of a bitch. You, Sir, have
    > rabbited on so long on this thread, and all of a sudden, as of 2 days ago you are
    > in the same boat of the rest of us. Well done for admitting this on day one. So she
    > has become a CPR since the 8th August, suggests to me that she hasn't been in the
    > States or perhaps married to you for very long. Also the fact that she doesn't
    > "whine all day long" is probably because she hasn't been in the US for very long
    > (CPR !!) Correct me if I'm wrong....... A CPR is someone who has "recently" been
    > married to a US Citizen (how am I doing so far..Redneck) That suggests to me that
    > she hasn't been in the US for very long (How am I doing) Which aslo suggests to me
    > that you haven't lived together for very long (How am I doing) Which also suggests
    > to me that she hasn't yet decided (apart from your brainwashing) whether or not she
    > wnats to become a Citizen.
    > Here's a few questions for you which may make the rest of us take you
    > seriuosly or not.
    > 1/. From which country is your wife.
    > 2/. When and how did you meet her
    > 3/. When and where were you married.
    > 4/. How long were you with her, immediatly before your wedding
    > 5/. Have you said to her "You must become a citizen otherwise I will not
    > marry you"
    > 6/. Did she undertsand what you were saying.
    > 7/. Does your "alien wife" know you are on the internet slagging off other aliens,
    > some probably from her country.
    > 8/. Can you quote the bill of rights
    > 9/. Complete the following "We know these truths to be self evident..............
    > 10/. Can you give me the email of Paulgani who you replied to join his little
    > racist group
    > 11/.How do you know that I am not from the INS checking up on your "marriage"
    > 12/. Do you know how to spell Chauvinist Pig "she is very happy to be here
    > zzzzzzzzzzz
    > 13/. And I remind you I am from the UK ... Name the 11 states who orginally went to
    > war against the Union
    > 14/. Where is "Tara"
    > 15/. name 4 states of America that are conected to food and the chicken.
    > 16/. If it had not been for......................(which country) (6 etters
    > beginning with F...........
    > If you cannot answer all of these questions, I suggest that you "butt out and let
    > us aliens who do know the answers join you in the "Land of oppurtunity"
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:50 am
Quinkman

<< Subject: Re: Culture shock? From: "Alex Wilson" [email protected] Date: Sat,
Aug 10, 2002 4:41 PM Message-id: <[email protected]>

<RANT>

Quinkman,

>>"do you guys have thanksgiving?"

yup, mostly for kicking the mightly redcoats out
    >>what about july 4th?"

see above

>>t but until you talk to me in cherokee, navajo or a
similar native tongue to the americas you can shut the **** up!

slow down cowboy, your panties are in a knot again

>>Hey didnt Christopher Columbus discover america?

not really, look it up brainiac

>>Maybe quinkman you can think before being an obnoxious ignorant moron.
Have a Nice Life.<<

spoken as the pompus ass you are

</RANT>

>>

Old Aug 11th 2002, 11:06 am
Steve

"Quinkman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > << Subject: Re: Culture shock? From: "Michael D. Young" [email protected] Date:
    > Sat, Aug 10, 2002 9:16 PM Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >>
    > << Yes an as of 08/08/2002 she is a conditional permanent resident alien,
who
    > intends to become a U.S. citizen. Who doesn't whine everyday she misses home and
    > back home things were better. She is very happy here with me and doesn't intend to
    > ever go back.
    > Take care,
    > Mike
    > >>
    > now she's a true American, thank you Mike
    > PS: they don't get it

No she isn't. She's a conditional permanent resident. She isn't a citizen.
She isn't an American. She's part of the foreign underclass. Apply your
standards evenly.

Old Aug 11th 2002, 11:09 am
Steve

Still waiting for answers.

"paulgani" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > OK, maybe you don't have a sense of humo(u)r, but you ARE really funny!
    > Paulgani
    > "rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Michael J Young (does the J stand for Judge ?) I promised earlier that I would
    > > not rise to the bait however, you are one arrogant son of a bitch. You, Sir, have
    > > rabbited on so long on this thread, and all of a sudden, as of 2 days ago you are
    > > in the same boat of the rest of us. Well done for admitting this on day one. So
    > > she has become a CPR since the 8th August, suggests to me that she hasn't been in
    > > the States or perhaps married to you for very long. Also the fact that she
    > > doesn't "whine all day long" is probably because she hasn't been in the US for
    > > very long (CPR !!) Correct me if I'm wrong....... A CPR is someone who has
    > > "recently" been married to a US Citizen (how am I doing so far..Redneck) That
    > > suggests to me that she hasn't been in the US for very long (How am I doing)
    > > Which aslo suggests to me that you haven't lived together for very long (How am I
    > > doing) Which also suggests to me that she hasn't yet decided (apart from your
    > > brainwashing) whether or not she wnats to become a Citizen.
    > >
    > > Here's a few questions for you which may make the rest of us take you seriuosly
    > > or not.
    > > 1/. From which country is your wife.
    > > 2/. When and how did you meet her
    > > 3/. When and where were you married.
    > > 4/. How long were you with her, immediatly before your wedding
    > > 5/. Have you said to her "You must become a citizen otherwise I will not marry
    > > you"
    > > 6/. Did she undertsand what you were saying.
    > > 7/. Does your "alien wife" know you are on the internet slagging off other
    > > aliens, some probably from her country.
    > > 8/. Can you quote the bill of rights
    > > 9/. Complete the following "We know these truths to be self
    > > evident..............
    > > 10/. Can you give me the email of Paulgani who you replied to join his little
    > > racist group
    > > 11/.How do you know that I am not from the INS checking up on your "marriage"
    > > 12/. Do you know how to spell Chauvinist Pig "she is very happy to be here
    > > zzzzzzzzzzz
    > > 13/. And I remind you I am from the UK ... Name the 11 states who orginally went
    > > to war against the Union
    > > 14/. Where is "Tara"
    > > 15/. name 4 states of America that are conected to food and the chicken.
    > > 16/. If it had not been for......................(which country) (6 etters
    > > beginning with F...........
    > >
    > > If you cannot answer all of these questions, I suggest that you "butt out and let
    > > us aliens who do know the answers join you in the "Land of oppurtunity"
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Old Aug 11th 2002, 11:20 am
Steve

"Michael D. Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > It is a person's free choice to come here to live. I haven't heard of the
U.S.
    > government kidnapping people and bringing them here to live. I feel lucky
to
    > live here and I know I'm better off here than I would be anywhere else in
the
    > world. I don't have an America Love it or Leave it bumper stick on my car
or
    > fly a flag in front of the house, but it just rubs me the wrong way when
people
    > come here to live and say where they came from was better or miss home
because
    > they can't find their favorite brand of cookie. I feel these are all
things you
    > should have thought about before coming. Coming here is a big decision
and you
    > better be damn sure it a choice you can live with. Then I think if you
are
    > going to stay you should become a U.S. citizen, because it shows you
appreciate
    > living here enough to become one of it's citizens.
    > It may make me anti-social, a bigot, moron, idiot, and all the other
things I
    > have been called, but I'm sure it's an opinion a majority of the U.S
public
    > holds.
    > Take care,
    > Mike

You haven't heard of the government kidnapping anyone, but you want it to hold them
prisoner for 5 years until they become a citizen. What next? Inter them in camps for
5 years until they're citizens? Will you want your wife and daughter there? Oh
wait, no you won't. That's just for everyone else. The constitution and the bill of
rights doesn't apply to just citizens, but to everyone who lives in the US legally.
You dismiss the taxes they pay, the contributions they make...do you chastize your
wife and daughter if they say they miss something from where they came from? No, of
course not. But you flap your lips at mine, and everyone spouse. I doubt the
"majority of the U.S. public" are they hypocrites you prove yourself to be. And no
one said they made a decision they regretted, just that they missed where they came
from. And I got news for you, there are some things better - MUCH better - elsewhere
in the States than anywhere else, but the reverse is also true...there are things in
the US that truly SUCK by comparison to other countries. Is that slagging off
America? No, it's slagging off the thing. Learn the difference.

Your opinion ISN'T held by "a majority". If it were, you'd see a vast reduction in
immigration. But hey, as long as you got what you want, to hell with everyone
else, right?

Old Aug 11th 2002, 11:40 am
Matta Harri

In article <[email protected]>, "Steve" <[email protected]>
wrote: I doubt
    > the "majority of the U.S. public" are they hypocrites you prove yourself to be.
    > And no one said they made a decision they regretted, just that they missed where
    > they came from. And I got news for you, there are some things better - MUCH better
    > - elsewhere in the States than anywhere else, but the reverse is also true...there
    > are things in the US that truly SUCK by comparison to other countries. Is that
    > slagging off America? No, it's slagging off the thing. Learn the difference.
Well, you have to understand that most american critters are rather poorly-traveled
in this old world. They have never been outside of their home town in some cases.
Certainly some have never even been in a real city. It gives one a distorted
perspective of the world, and these people only know what they have been told, they
have never visited the world to find out exactly what is there. They grow up with
this "our-country, our-flag, we-are-the-best" mentality without ever finding out
whether that is true. All they know is what the history teacher told them in
school. Poor rednecks. They are mislead and misled, living their lives with
blinders on, so to say.

Most Americans, I dare to say, are also unaware that the history books in the US are
tainted to show the US in the best light, and do not always tell the whole story. It
is a pretty sad situation, really.

matta

Old Aug 12th 2002, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Re: Culture shock?

Hi,
I'm from the UK and moved here 3 1/2 months ago to be with my then fiancee/now wife. So I guess I'm a newbie as far as living in the U.S. goes. I definately moved here for love, though I like America, and like living here. I think that if a person truly intends to settle here, and live here for the rest of their lives, they should acclimatize, become part of their communities, and eventually become citizens. I don't think this means the same thing as giving up who you are...I will apply for citizenship when I am eligible, but that isn't going to change the fact that I lived the first 31 years of my life in England and those years will always factor into "who I am". I just think that if you plan on living somewhere the rest of your life, you should make the commitment to that place, and say this is my home, and become a citizen when eligible.
Even if citizenship was required in order to stay after a certain amount of time, no one would be forcing people to do it...you can always leave if it is that big a deal to you.
To me, not wanting to apply for citizenship after 5 or 7 years here would be like saying "I don't want to be one of you people" like I'm better or something. Others might see it differently, but that's how I see it.
Basically the only thing Mike said that I didn't really agree with was the AP thing. Personally, I'm not going to travel until I have my green card, but I don't see visiting my Aunt and Uncle in England for a week every year or two as in any way diminishing the fact that I do embrace the U.S.
The one thing that the original poster said that bothered me was the bit about being tired of seeing U.S. flags on people's cars. Well, sorry, but I think patriotism is a good thing. I really like that over here people don't have to be ashamed of being proud of their country. I know that if I'd been obviously patriotic back in England I would have caught stick for it. Those people in England who go around saying "I'm not British, I'm European" make me sick. If all the brave people who died in WWII could hear them...
Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
-Harry
Old Aug 12th 2002, 2:54 am
Cliff

Mr. Michael J. Young,

I can certainly bet your questions will fail even the most tenatious of "Americans,"
our beloved and well respected president Bush (no pun is intended).

And I will greatly appreciate if you could please define the term "American" (please
do not be as broad and vague as the judges defined the term "sex" for one of the
notorious sex addicts of our time, Sir William J. Cliton), so I can phrase my
rejoinder to you, loool.

I'm not a brit, so I am not claiming to have any sense of humoUr, sorry for rudeness.
I'm just a stupid American, as they like to call us!!

Cliff

Old Aug 12th 2002, 12:44 pm
Andy Platt

"Betastar" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Honestly, there are often times when I feel Austria is a MUCH better country than
    > the US. Go ahead and burn me in effigy now, but I get "homesick" for Austria when
    > I'm here as much as I get homesick for the US when I'm there. They both have their
    > major attractions.

And if other places didn't have reasons for living there, the world would be a much
worse place. Deana & I could both live in England; I think the thing I would miss
most is the weather - and I'm writing that on a Code Red day - although I expect
Deana would miss her family more!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.