Crisps

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:03 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crisps

I finally bothered to read the label on a can of Heinz beans today. This led me to an importer called BWI.

They have Taytos - fair enough, they're Irish, but they come in bacon and prawn

Their catalogue makes interesting reading too. Especially the bit with the sausage rolls, pork pies, sausages, bacon, etc...
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I finally bothered to read the label on a can of Heinz beans today. This led me to an importer called BWI.

They have Taytos - fair enough, they're Irish, but they come in bacon and prawn

Their catalogue makes interesting reading too. Especially the bit with the sausage rolls, pork pies, sausages, bacon, etc...
Taytos aren't bad
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:10 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

You know what - I never thought I'd ever say this but Lay's Maui Onion kettle chips are actually not too bad...
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Taytos aren't bad
I had the cheese & onion a few times, in Ulster.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 10:26 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wintersong
You know what - I never thought I'd ever say this but Lay's Maui Onion kettle chips are actually not too bad...

Well, if you're away from something long enough...you start to cope.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 10:33 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ldobson
wheat crunchies
You bastard!!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm living back in the UK and, I have to say, the crisps here ain't all that. American crisps have spoiled me for anything else.

I want my Ruffles!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Train is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG Wheat crunchies!! Frazzles, Monster Munch...Oh and Square crisps!! You're killing me here!!

Last edited by Train; Aug 23rd 2010 at 7:11 am.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:12 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I resurrect this thread to bring you a new recipe from the September Bon Appetit: Bacon and Cashew Caramel Corn!

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/20...w_caramel_corn
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

yum, yum
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So those veggie chips that come in the never endingly huge bag from BJ's are pretty good and not to slimy...

And not crisps, but the Buffalo Pretzel nuggets are amazing....and gross at the same time, but amazing

Oh and has anyone tried those cheese burger Doritos? And any of their new flavours? Don't want to commit to a massive bag in case they taste like arse, but am quite intrigued...
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Don't want to commit to a massive bag in case they taste like arse, but am quite intrigued...
What does arse taste like?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 10:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
And not crisps, but the Buffalo Pretzel nuggets are amazing....and gross at the same time, but amazing
The Schneider ones? I love those. Hate Buffalo Wing flavor usually, but those things sucked me in.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 10:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by meauxna
The Schneider ones? I love those. Hate Buffalo Wing flavor usually, but those things sucked me in.
yup, those...so greasy and nasty and unhealthy, but my word, they're the best nasty snack ever
Old Oct 5th 2010, 1:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

So just tried the Fire Roasted Fajitas crisps from Target and they tasted just like those old McCoys Chilli flavoured crisps, yum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.