British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Crimefighters UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/crimefighters-uk-348973/)

Ash UK/US Jan 17th 2006 7:40 pm

Crimefighters UK

Anyone watch that on BBC America? I saw it for the first time last night, it has probably been on forever but I missed it till now. Anyhow it was showing the Police in the UK dealing with throwing out time (closing time) in Hull, kinda made it look like everyone in the UK are raging alco's who can't hold their drink but at the same time it made me feel a little bit homesick... I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories.

Ash :)

britontour Jan 17th 2006 8:45 pm

Re: Crimefighters UK

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Anyone watch that on BBC America? I saw it for the first time last night, it has probably been on forever but I missed it till now. Anyhow it was showing the Police in the UK dealing with throwing out time (closing time) in Hull, kinda made it look like everyone in the UK are raging alco's who can't hold their drink but at the same time it made me feel a little bit homesick... I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories.

They think I'm mad when I tell them I've walked 3 blocks to the bar, drink driving seem's to be a big problem over here.

HoosierDaddy Jan 17th 2006 10:06 pm

Just finished watching it on DVR. I'm not sure that it's been going for too long on BBCA - 1st time I'd seen it.
I'm a sucker for Cops on Fox, FX, CourTV, etc and it really shows you the gulf of "regular" policemen & women between the two Nations. The Humberside bobbies were being more social workers than law enforcers.
I also doubt that the U.S. cops could stomach the smell of Grimsby :p

CaliforniaBride Jan 17th 2006 11:01 pm

I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories.

Those where the days. Mine was more of a crawl home blottoed and a kebab.:D

---
4d 18:31 smoke-free, 70 cigs not smoked, $12.25 saved, 5:50 life saved

Angry White Pyjamas Jan 18th 2006 12:05 am

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Just finished watching it on DVR. I'm not sure that it's been going for too long on BBCA - 1st time I'd seen it.
I'm a sucker for Cops on Fox, FX, CourTV, etc and it really shows you the gulf of "regular" policemen & women between the two Nations. The Humberside bobbies were being more social workers than law enforcers.
I also doubt that the U.S. cops could stomach the smell of Grimsby :p

Because the cameras were rolling and the chief would be watching when it aired. :rolleyes:
Actually our main task at kicking out time was to get everyone out and home without a fight. Of course if some tosspot who couldnt hold their cola started we wouldnt always be so nice.

Chorlton Jan 18th 2006 2:21 pm

I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories

mmmmm, yep ;)