Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Crimefighters UK

Crimefighters UK

Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crimefighters UK

Anyone watch that on BBC America? I saw it for the first time last night, it has probably been on forever but I missed it till now. Anyhow it was showing the Police in the UK dealing with throwing out time (closing time) in Hull, kinda made it look like everyone in the UK are raging alco's who can't hold their drink but at the same time it made me feel a little bit homesick... I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories.

Ash
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:45 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crimefighters UK

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Anyone watch that on BBC America? I saw it for the first time last night, it has probably been on forever but I missed it till now. Anyhow it was showing the Police in the UK dealing with throwing out time (closing time) in Hull, kinda made it look like everyone in the UK are raging alco's who can't hold their drink but at the same time it made me feel a little bit homesick... I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories.

Ash
They think I'm mad when I tell them I've walked 3 blocks to the bar, drink driving seem's to be a big problem over here.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:06 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Ash
Just finished watching it on DVR. I'm not sure that it's been going for too long on BBCA - 1st time I'd seen it.
I'm a sucker for Cops on Fox, FX, CourTV, etc and it really shows you the gulf of "regular" policemen & women between the two Nations. The Humberside bobbies were being more social workers than law enforcers.
I also doubt that the U.S. cops could stomach the smell of Grimsby
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:01 pm
~ Relocated to Texas ~

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories.

Ash
Those where the days. Mine was more of a crawl home blottoed and a kebab.

---
4d 18:31 smoke-free, 70 cigs not smoked, $12.25 saved, 5:50 life saved
Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Just finished watching it on DVR. I'm not sure that it's been going for too long on BBCA - 1st time I'd seen it.
I'm a sucker for Cops on Fox, FX, CourTV, etc and it really shows you the gulf of "regular" policemen & women between the two Nations. The Humberside bobbies were being more social workers than law enforcers.
I also doubt that the U.S. cops could stomach the smell of Grimsby
Because the cameras were rolling and the chief would be watching when it aired.
Actually our main task at kicking out time was to get everyone out and home without a fight. Of course if some tosspot who couldnt hold their cola started we wouldnt always be so nice.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 2:21 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss the nights of walking home tipsy with no jacket come hail, rain or shine picking a pizza up on the way... ah memories
mmmmm, yep