Reload this Page >

Credit Card Payment Forms

Credit Card Payment Forms

Old May 14th 2017, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

poppet86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Credit Card Payment Forms

Hi all,

I am going to use a MasterCard Credit Card, they ask for the long card number and expiry date. It is a UK credit card. I have a bit of a silly question, how will they take this payment when it doesn't ask for the three digit security number on the back?
Old May 14th 2017, 3:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit Card Payment Forms

Originally Posted by poppet86
Hi all,

I am going to use a MasterCard Credit Card, they ask for the long card number and expiry date. It is a UK credit card. I have a bit of a silly question, how will they take this payment when it doesn't ask for the three digit security number on the back?
Not all places ask for the 3 digit security number. The card can still be charged.

Rene
Old May 14th 2017, 3:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't always necessary - I often use my credit card on line, but I am not always asked for the security number. The number protects the merchant from accepting a fraudulent payment and then having the payment clawed back by the credit card bank. So if there are adequate other safeguards there is no need for the number and in the case of a visa application they have done more work to verify your identity than even a bank would, so the number really isn't necessary.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 14th 2017 at 3:56 pm.
Old May 14th 2017, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

poppet86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply guys, also I was wondering one of the items you have to enclose in the I130 package is evidence/record of name change. My name was only changed by marriage. Do I only need to provide my marriage certificate or my old USA passport with my old name on it? Also photo copied my husband's passport photo, my UK entry stamp/ILR and my Valid US Passport. Photocopies of these are acceptable aren't they?
Old May 14th 2017, 4:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply guys, also I was wondering one of the items you have to enclose in the I130 package is evidence/record of name change. My name was only changed by marriage. Do I only need to provide my marriage certificate or ....
Your marriage certificate is all you need.
Old May 14th 2017, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the credit card: Pulaski and Rene are right. It all depends on the level of risk the merchant is willing to accept.

My previous company turned off requiring a CVV. The money lost in chargebacks was less than the value of customers stopping transactions at the CVV stage. Back then it was all about impulse purchasing.
Old May 14th 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by tom169
Regarding the credit card: Pulaski and Rene are right. It all depends on the level of risk the merchant is willing to accept. .....
An increasing number of merchants in the US accept card payments without even a signature, certainly upto $20-$25, and often higher if you have already "logged in" to their loyalty program either by membership card or phone number. Some merchants also seem to track the credit card you use, so if you are already a frequent customer (using that card) the chances of this new transaction being fraudulent is relatively small.
.... My previous company turned off requiring a CVV. The money lost in chargebacks was less than the value of customers stopping transactions at the CVV stage. Back then it was all about impulse purchasing. .....
That's an interesting analysis, but totally makes commercial sense.
Old May 14th 2017, 4:54 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Those contactless cards frighten me. I refused to have one in the U.K. because I didn't want to end up paying for someone's shopping just by walking past a till. And don't get me started on paying by Apple Watch. I'm sure if I had one of those I'd be spending a hundred dollars every time someone asked me the time.
Old May 14th 2017, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Those contactless cards frighten me. I refused to have one in the U.K. because I didn't want to end up paying for someone's shopping just by walking past a till. And don't get me started on paying by Apple Watch. I'm sure if I had one of those I'd be spending a hundred dollars every time someone asked me the time.
Contactless cards only work at a couple inch. Even then you usually have to hold it on for a few seconds.

The same is pretty much true for phones / watches.

I'm not sure how close you walk to tills when other people are checking out.
Old May 14th 2017, 9:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply guys, also I was wondering one of the items you have to enclose in the I130 package is evidence/record of name change. My name was only changed by marriage. Do I only need to provide my marriage certificate or my old USA passport with my old name on it? Also photo copied my husband's passport photo, my UK entry stamp/ILR and my Valid US Passport. Photocopies of these are acceptable aren't they?
Questions regarding the I-130 and immigration forms should be posted in our marriage-based visa forum, please.

Thank you,
Rene