Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Crazy airline pricing

Wikiposts

Crazy airline pricing

Old Mar 30th 2013, 4:36 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crazy airline pricing

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Your friend lucked out or wasn't flying a US Airline. I know of no US airline that will allow you to skip a segment.
Are you aware of any non-US airlines that allow this? I ask as I am not, although I do not profess to know the rules of every airline, every non-US airline whose rules I know prevent this as well.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 5:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Are you aware of any non-US airlines that allow this? I ask as I am not, although I do not profess to know the rules of every airline, every non-US airline whose rules I know prevent this as well.
The son of a family friend travelling on business from the UK to California somehow ended up with two tickets (two clients had each purchased tickets to enable his trip), and for whatever reason he tried to use the return leg of the ticket he had not used to fly to California. In the post 9/11 he discovered that not only could he not board his flight, he was prohibited from buying a single ticket with a British credit card .... so he was more or less stranded, with no ticket, and no means to purchase one!

Several phone calls later to his parents, and from his parents to my mother, I was asked to buy his ticket home (I was fully reimbursed, incl the travel agents fee - as I was across the country I was required to go through an agent because I was buying a third party ticket, and the agent had to check my ID). I hope he learned his lesson, because the ticket wasn't cheap, and the agent's fee was an added insult. BTW, the airline was BA.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vimto
Any frequent flier wizards car to offer an explanation?
Dave Barry explained all of this a long time ago ...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/2...dly-skies.html
Old Mar 31st 2013, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Dave Barry explained all of this a long time ago ...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/2...dly-skies.html