coyotes

Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:36 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default coyotes

Here in West Seattle there is something of a coyote invasion, more and more sightings reported, and more in the daylight hours. A cat taken and eaten from some ones veranda, and most recently a dog attacked in a fenced back yard. We are keeping the cats in at night these days.

This is not something any department of city government is bothered about, so they are just left to breed and go through garbage and attack household pets.

There is discussion about what should be done, from nothing from coyote huggers, to drugging and moving to the mountains to killing the bastards. I,'m all for wild life in the wild but they can sod off out of the city, this is our manor.

Any other cities under the menace of coyotes?
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: coyotes

Originally Posted by kimilseung

Yes here in Phoenix they are tax sucking NHL team that no one watches.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:48 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

In my part o Texas we keep skunks as house pets. They are turned out at night to keep our trailer lots safe
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this might be immigration related.

They tend to hit the urban areas when their natural sources are low. This year there seems a lot more game around and the weather has been very mild if also very dry.

I have heard them howling at dusk, but have not seen any.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Yes here in Phoenix they are tax sucking NHL team that no one watches.
ahahahaha!

Actually you can often hear them howling at night even in urban Phoenix. Just the other night we had the doors open and could hear it in the distance. Betsy our dog stood up totally alert and started tilting her head trying to asertain the direction.

Also one day recently walking Betsy we come across this trail of bloody paw prints meandering along the sidewalk across the road all the way along our usual walk. Guessed a dog had been hit by a car and started running around crazy. Only thing was those paw prints were really BIG. I think there is a sanctuary nearby.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:34 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

They used to walk down the middle of the road when we lived in Woodland Hills in L.A. They wouldn't even move when you drove down the street, you'd have to stop and pap your horn at them, then they would just stare at you for a few seconds before moving ever so slightly out of your way.

Lots of small pets went missing there too.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:50 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

One's been seen in our neighbourhood in the last week and I know of a couple more that are no longer walking around....
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I live close enough to wilderness that there isn't much the council can do. A few cats and dogs go missing each year, sometimes hear them howling. But if you kill them more will just come out of the forest. People aren't generally bothered by coyotes though, it's the cougars they are scared of. Not many of them around though. An aunt was terrified of leaving her house after a cougar sighting, the b-i-l says to her "You live on Lion Mountain, named after the mountain lions who live there, you should have bought a house on hamster mountain if you are scared of the wildlife"
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There was a rash of them last year in lower westchester county, new york (only 30 miles from NYC). Yes they go for the household pets and have attacked animals who were being walked on a lease and there were two occurrences of them going after toddlers.

This year's invasion was smaller and included a fox with her kits who was quite threatening to people passing by, black bears (I actually saw one along the Garden State Parkway in the treeline) one day and rabid raccoons.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

traceyogden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Here in West Seattle there is something of a coyote invasion, more and more sightings reported, and more in the daylight hours. A cat taken and eaten from some ones veranda, and most recently a dog attacked in a fenced back yard. We are keeping the cats in at night these days.

This is not something any department of city government is bothered about, so they are just left to breed and go through garbage and attack household pets.

There is discussion about what should be done, from nothing from coyote huggers, to drugging and moving to the mountains to killing the bastards. I,'m all for wild life in the wild but they can sod off out of the city, this is our manor.

Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

Quite a few around Fairfield county CT..

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...tt-4037356.php
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

traceyogden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by traceyogden
Hi
We are down in Conroe , Texas, we live in the woods. I happened to look through the voile curtains saw a dark shape sat in the front paddock .
The coyote was sat staring at the house, freaked me out. It was casing the place. We have a cat , dozens of chickens, 2 goats and a Border terrier dog that thank goodness was in the house because she would have tackled it and come worse off probably .. It was large wolf like even. I went to the back deck looking for my 22 but it saw me and scarpered..
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceyogden
Hi
We are down in Conroe , Texas, we live in the woods. I happened to look through the voile curtains saw a dark shape sat in the front paddock .
The coyote was sat staring at the house, freaked me out. It was casing the place. We have a cat , dozens of chickens, 2 goats and a Border terrier dog that thank goodness was in the house because she would have tackled it and come worse off probably .. It was large wolf like even. I went to the back deck looking for my 22 but it saw me and scarpered..
sorry but that just made me laugh. Bit spooky though.
We are pretty rural, lots of Coyotes, Mountain lions bob cats around here. They must be well fed as the Deer population has exploded and doesn't seem to be getting picked off. I slowed down to let a Coyote cross the street the other day. It was the healthiest looking one I'd ever seen, nice bushy tail and good looking coat. We lost all our chickens to something, not sure what, probably coyotes.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:44 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a plan, to combat the coyote menace. I have painted a long tunnel on to a sheet and hung it over the garage door, I fully expect the coyote to run at it and knock itself out, as the garage door is pretty substantial. I am also in conversation with the ACME company, as I believe they have several products that may help. I have put an order in for an anvil.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a spot where the Big Horn Sheep come down to lick the salt on the road, they will just stand and stare at you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.