Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Covid testing...More confused!

Covid testing...More confused!

Old Aug 5th 2021, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

annesecrest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid testing...More confused!

Hi. I recently asked a question about traveling now and re-entry to the US. You guys were very kind and patient and put my mind at rest on that..... NOW Im confused on the Covid testing for going home.
What is the easiest way (if there is one) to getting the pre flight tests ??
Recently had a cold and tried to get a test here in Spokane (the back end of nowhere) and couldnt get one, unless I traveled to Yakima some 150 miles away.. There is a local company here that will come to your house and do one, but they are charging $300, or is the kind of price I will have to pay? Also, I believe you have to do a test 3 days before leaving the States.... most places here are quoting 3-5 days for results if not longer.... So How do I get a test 3 days before I travel and guaranteed to get the results in 3 days........Very confusing to me..Please help
Old Aug 6th 2021, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid testing...More confused!

Easiest way is a Walgreens or CVS antigen test, results back within an hour
Old Aug 6th 2021, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

annesecrest is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, Thanks, yeah I tried that.. This week CVS doesnt have any appointments in a 100 miles radius, Walgreens nearest appointments are in Yakima over 100 miles away...Spoke to a Walrgreens tech yesterday and he said there was a nationwide backorder of tests and he had no idea when they are getting more in
Old Aug 6th 2021, 4:01 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

Does your local airport offer a rapid test? If so, you can have it done before you get on the plane. The downside is that you might get a false positive, as the rapid tests are more prone to show.
Old Aug 7th 2021, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kateinbrooklyn
Does your local airport offer a rapid test? If so, you can have it done before you get on the plane. The downside is that you might get a false positive, as the rapid tests are more prone to show.
My g/f had surgery a month ago and had to have a test prior. The hospital arranged it; it was a PCR test, not the (cheaper, faster, less reliable) antigen test. It was the classic 'swab up the nostril' deal. Her results were posted to her hospital record within an hour ... so PCR tests CAN be fast if you go to the right place. Unfortunately, the hospital had notices making it clear they didn't offer this service to anyone other than patients.