Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

cost of living in Seattle

cost of living in Seattle

Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of
Default cost of living in Seattle

I would like to ask about the cost of living in Seattle, with two kids in private school, how much is the rent for a 3 bedroom house? what should be the minimum annual income? Is $150,000 enough?
what other expenses that I should anticipate aside from , what are the type of insurance?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:54 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: cost of living in Seattle

Originally Posted by abboy
I would like to ask about the cost of living in Seattle, with two kids in private school, how much is the rent for a 3 bedroom house? what should be the minimum annual income? Is $150,000 enough?
what other expenses that I should anticipate aside from , what are the type of insurance?

No you need $1Mill per annum to cover the cost of therapy for living in such a dreary rainsodden hell hole.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

The cost of living in Seattle!!! Well, you'll be bloody close to Amerlisa for a start.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
The cost of living in Seattle!!! Well, you'll be bloody close to Amerlisa for a start.
Oh yeah...make that $2Mil per annum for therapy.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Oh yeah...make that $2Mil per annum for therapy.
Too busy ROFLMFAO to even try to karma!!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

MattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to all

Don't listen to them. It only rains 364 days a year up here but it is often overcast the rest of the time.

Dunno how expensive your kid's school will be but 150k should be plenty adequate.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply.

The rain is really a turn off. went there 3 weeks ago, but we're th only one using the umbrella.
My kids school fees willl be 40k in total per year, 20k each . Dont know if there will be anything left to spend for food. If not I have to put the kids in public school.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:27 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Is it actually downtown seattle you're looking at or the eastside Redmond etc microsoft turf? Don't know what your 'standard' is re housing but with kids in private school and prices downtown seattle for a detached family home in a GOOD area don't plan going out much! If you go north or east (south bad area) you shoudn't have a problem affording a place. If you are renting like me (I'm in an apartment complex though) I just have renter's insurance or whatever it is called here. Take it you have visited here, so don't expect much beauty wise from downtown seattle or immediate area if you have been to other places in US -I think seattle is a dump! But eastside is nice
Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

boardy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Take it you have visited here, so don't expect much beauty wise from downtown seattle or immediate area if you have been to other places in US -I think seattle is a dump! But eastside is nice
Was thinking about moving to Seattle myself: I am curious to why you think that Seattle is a dump.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

Britarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boardy
Was thinking about moving to Seattle myself: I am curious to why you think that Seattle is a dump.
It's a fag haven, but that's ok, I guess, also, I drove through the State of Washington going up to B.C. a few years ago, and when I told friends I didn't have to use my wipers, not once, they didn't believe me.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Britarm
It's a fag haven, but that's ok, I guess, also, I drove through the State of Washington going up to B.C. a few years ago, and when I told friends I didn't have to use my wipers, not once, they didn't believe me.

A fag haven.....and that makes it a dump because?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Britarm
yea what do you mean by a fag haven?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by celine_uk
yea what do you mean by a fag haven?

He isnt talking about cigarettes love!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by willmore
He isnt talking about cigarettes love!

hmmm yes i thought the same too....
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Britarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
A fag haven.....and that makes it a dump because?
I didn't mean the way it may have sounded the homo population is rather high, per the last census, apartment dwellings, work and office employment etc. Those that have moved there, job wise, especially from sun and dry zones, tend to call it a dump, figure of speech wise, of course ex-brits, born in the rain may love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.