Reload this Page >

Cost of Living in Indiana

Cost of Living in Indiana

Old Oct 9th 2010, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

scubalady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of Living in Indiana

Hi All,

thanks for previous replies to my last question about income tax etc. Now for a new one. Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of Elec, gas, water, sewer, phone, internet, cable/Sky in Indiana (Columbus area). I don't know how much this varies across the country though. We will be looking at living in a 4 bed house somewhere from 3500 to 4000 sq ft. I read a previous post about not having much left from a six figure salary which worries me a little! Also, are second hand cars really that expensive and is insurance tricky to get?

Thanks.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Living in Indiana

The following cost of living calculator may help you a bit to get some of that information. Use any city as the first city and your city as the second city to get the listing of the costs.

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/...alculator.aspx

Last edited by Michael; Oct 9th 2010 at 6:15 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone moving to Indiana should listen to this from A Prairie Home Companion.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 11:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scubalady
Also, are second hand cars really that expensive and is insurance tricky to get?
To get, depends on what you're after and insurance, yup....but there's good info in the wiki about credit and about insurance to go over that stuff.

city-data.com is a good site to check out as well for CoL questions.