Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The cost of $ports...

The cost of $ports...

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:28 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The cost of $ports...

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
apart from the ridiculous cheerleading outfit, everything else seems reasonable

kids are expensive, people - did you think that night of passion was a investment for your financial future?

we just had a mini pregnancy scare, first for a long time and thinking about it seriously, I was on the verge of an anxiety attack about how a kid would mess things up for me and my wife at this point in our lives

Snip snip...no more panic
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Yosser
When football season starts again (as in soccer) I will be enrolling my 5 year old daughter into it.

In the meanwhile my wife (the all american cheerleader star) wanted to put my daughter into a pee wee football (as in american) cheerleading squad.

We took her around the cheerleading coaches house for her initial tailoring for the cheerleading outfit....couldn't just try on a few different sizes, more like an eposide from are you being served.

Just for the outfit its $460 :scared: WTF.
Then $15 for a kit bag. $20 for matching reebok shoes.

Then the emails started coming in...."we are having a pizza party, everyone bring $10 for pizza and prizes"...."my daughter tiffany is doing a fund raiser, everyone chip in $20". We had 28 emails in 5 days with regards to the cost of this and that.

Had to knock that one on the head and enroll her into gymnastics....wonder if I need to re-mortgage the house for that as well?
Yep you're right, sports are expensive. My two kids (boy 5 and girl 3) play hockey, soccer, swim and baseball. Jim (my husband) coaches the hockey teams that they are on so except for the equipment things arent too bad. Sounds like things may be a little bit out of control where you live. If the kids love being involved in these sports, they are wonderful leverages when they misbehave.

Its great to get kids involved in sports to teach them sportsmanship and that you must win the game at all costs. Remember keeping them busy with sports keep them off the streets!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:38 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Alright, Rushman's an absolute saint in comparison to you. Geeze, don't have sex if its that big of an anxiety attack for you.
Who rattled your cage? - my other half is sometimes a bit forgetful with her BC, and actually, when we knew it was messed up, we didn't.

My other half is on the verge of getting to a great point in her career and I have projects that I don't need distractions with for the next 3 years

In addition our social lives would become crap (in my reckoning), as demonstrated by the few couples we know who have had kids in our age range

I think the difference is that we may be in a different age group or point in our lives to you. Don't judge me because we have different priorities
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:41 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Snip snip...no more panic

I personally would based on that they seem to be reversable.

However the wife regards such a procedure as grounds for divorce
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Who rattled your cage? - my other half is sometimes a bit forgetful with her BC, and actually, when we knew it was messed up, we didn't.

My other half is on the verge of getting to a great point in her career and I have projects that I don't need distractions with for the next 3 years

In addition our social lives would become crap (in my reckoning), as demonstrated by the few couples we know who have had kids in our age range

I think the difference is that we may be in a different age group or point in our lives to you. Don't judge me because we have different priorities
We were in the same position as you earlier this year. I thought that I was pregnant and there were very anxious times at home until we found out that I wasnt.

We are also at a great point in both of our careers. Although we both work from home, having another baby would have meant that I wouldnt be able to work nearly as much as I do now. We have two small kids boy 5 and girl 3 and Katie being a handful is an understatement to say the least.

Before jim had the snip we had several serious discussions about our future, and decided that the most important priority in our lives were socking money into our retirement fund and an education fund for the kids. We are in our early 30s', and making the decision not to have any more kids was difficult, but I have no regrets at all that we made the correct decision for us.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:48 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would based on that they seem to be reversable.

A very simple reversible procedure...harvest sperm before its done (that realy really sounds weird lol) just in case. No more pills, condoms, no side effects. I can understand why your wife might get the lawyers in but it makes a lot more sense than having hormone rods in your arm and the like.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Kids are expensive and if you happen to get one - oh well. If you have sex or don't use a more infalliable bc method, then you might get one of those little expensive items. I don't have different priorities, I'm just being realistic. We don't want anymore kids, and we do use bc, however its not permanent (as in the "snip, snip" method) So if an "accident" occured, what's the use in having an anxiety attack? Sex is how you get a kid, right?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
but it makes a lot more sense than having hormone rods in your arm and the like.
No kidding!! :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Sex is how you get a kid, right?
Dammit - wish someone had pointed this out before 3 of the little bu99ers invaded ourplace..............
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Dammit - wish someone had pointed this out before 3 of the little bu99ers invaded ourplace..............
lol.....it took me a few times as well.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

we just had a mini pregnancy scare, first for a long time and thinking about it seriously, I was on the verge of an anxiety attack about how a kid would mess things up for me and my wife at this point in our lives
I felt that way for YEARS.....then one day I woke up and though **** i may not be able to see any kids get married, let alone grandkids grow up.

Each to their own tho.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:31 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

Got the kit from Academy Sports who do a boots/shin pads/ ball/ bottle package for $20 which isn't too bad! Only extras were the "official" photos, plus I guess there must have been a whipround cos the coaches got a nice photo plaque from the team and a $30 giftcard.

got a 1 year old girl and if she thinks she's getting $500 for a cheerleading outfit, I guess she'd better get herelf out there tarting round the cutest baby contests to pad her savings a bit!! (of course she'd win hands down!! )
Thats why I'm looking forward to soccer season you can get some good deals.

Personally I ****** hate cheerleading....in fact it irratates the crap out of me at the football games, so I am glad when the missus said "no" as well.

I got the impression that the cheerleading team was just a bunch of bored but rich housewives that had fook all to do all day but sit around drink coffee and dream up new ways of scamming "el Yosser".

I can't wait for August! the "boy" has to have a new football helmet, pads, pants, boots, and atleast 3 trainning shirts looks like thou will be shelling out some bigones for that as well.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:36 pm
Junior Showtime

Originally Posted by Yosser
Thats why I'm looking forward to soccer season you can get some good deals.

Personally I ****** hate cheerleading....in fact it irratates the crap out of me at the football games, so I am glad when the missus said "no" as well.

I got the impression that the cheerleading team was just a bunch of bored but rich housewives that had fook all to do all day but sit around drink coffee and dream up new ways of scamming "el Yosser".

I can't wait for August! the "boy" has to have a new football helmet, pads, pants, boots, and atleast 3 trainning shirts looks like thou will be shelling out some bigones for that as well.
You could encourage them to be "brainiacs" who sneer at sports and spend all their free time studying. A lot more bloody useful than cheerleading and ****ing up your knees at Am Football IMHO
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:03 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Why?!?!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Those Meccano bridge building sets are a bitch aren't they!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.