Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The cost of $ports...

The cost of $ports...

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:50 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default The cost of $ports...

When football season starts again (as in soccer) I will be enrolling my 5 year old daughter into it.

In the meanwhile my wife (the all american cheerleader star) wanted to put my daughter into a pee wee football (as in american) cheerleading squad.

We took her around the cheerleading coaches house for her initial tailoring for the cheerleading outfit....couldn't just try on a few different sizes, more like an eposide from are you being served.

Just for the outfit its $460 :scared: WTF.
Then $15 for a kit bag. $20 for matching reebok shoes.

Then the emails started coming in...."we are having a pizza party, everyone bring $10 for pizza and prizes"...."my daughter tiffany is doing a fund raiser, everyone chip in $20". We had 28 emails in 5 days with regards to the cost of this and that.

Had to knock that one on the head and enroll her into gymnastics....wonder if I need to re-mortgage the house for that as well?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The cost of $ports...

Bloody hell $460 for the outfit for a 5 year old, surely there's hardly any material in the thing!
I think most of the clubs/sports/activities are the same they always want money for something or other.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:20 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
When football season starts again (as in soccer) I will be enrolling my 5 year old daughter into it.

In the meanwhile my wife (the all american cheerleader star) wanted to put my daughter into a pee wee football (as in american) cheerleading squad.

We took her around the cheerleading coaches house for her initial tailoring for the cheerleading outfit....couldn't just try on a few different sizes, more like an eposide from are you being served.

Then the emails started coming in...."we are having a pizza party, everyone bring $10 for pizza and prizes"...."my daughter tiffany is doing a fund raiser, everyone chip in $20". We had 28 emails in 5 days with regards to the cost of this and that.

Had to knock that one on the head and enroll her into gymnastics....wonder if I need to re-mortgage the house for that as well?
Could it be that your wife (the all american cheerleader star) wanted to get her little girl the best outfit she could find? would certainly explain the tailor fitted uniform.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:25 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Bloody hell $460 for the outfit for a 5 year old, surely there's hardly any material in the thing!
I think most of the clubs/sports/activities are the same they always want money for something or other.
Thats what I said....I guess it has diamond incrusted sequins with pure gold lace?

I was lucky if my parents bought me a pair of football boots every other season....even then it was the cheapo "miter" ones. The local gas station sponsored us for the football shirt and shorts only....we had to buy our own socks!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the American Dream
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just gone through the Football sign up for next season.

It is run by a "non profit" (must find out what this means), but $70 each per season, 2 seasons a year.

The jersey I think was $20 each, but I got them on the big size! Plus mandataory shin pads, very keen on that, and they wanted the ones that are built into the sock. Boots I think were $30, but I may need to buy a new pair for next season. They had to be the same as Jess's in Bend it like Beckham.

We have an end of season bash, but seems more for the parents. And not too bad. Also take it in turns with the half time snacks.

This is Girls 6 and 4, unfortunately the 2 year old is the same size as the 4 year old so when he starts he will not have hand downs.

I have been very impressed with the coaching, much better than I remember. We went to Denver to play in a 'competition', came across one team that seemed to have been genetically engineered. Frightening at 6, they seemed to have been playing as a team since they could walk.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

My Son is in the High school Drumline, in Florida we had to pay $400 for his uniform !!! moved here and it is free.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:49 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We've just finished the 3 and 5 year olds soccer at the local YMCA - it was $95 for 10 weeks (including $5 late fee....). Volunteer Dads provided the coaching/refereeing - I was volunteered for both as I am English so obviously great at soccer ...fact that I have 2 left feet has nothing to do with it - still, at 3 and 5 I could get away with it!!

Got the kit from Academy Sports who do a boots/shin pads/ ball/ bottle package for $20 which isn't too bad! Only extras were the "official" photos, plus I guess there must have been a whipround cos the coaches got a nice photo plaque from the team and a $30 giftcard.

got a 1 year old girl and if she thinks she's getting $500 for a cheerleading outfit, I guess she'd better get herelf out there tarting round the cutest baby contests to pad her savings a bit!! (of course she'd win hands down!! )
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:07 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

$460 is absolutely absurd, especially for a 5 year old. What gives?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

You should do what I did mate. I put leg calipers on all my kids as soon as they started walking. They didnt need then, still dont, but they think they do so spending a fortune on school sports programmes just don't happen to me. People think I am a tight fisted bastard but you should see how much I spend each year on orthopaedic boots.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:20 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
You should do what I did mate. I put leg calipers on all my kids as soon as they started walking. They didnt need then, still dont, but they think they do so spending a fortune on school sports programmes just don't happen to me. People think I am a tight fisted bastard but you should see how much I spend each year on orthopaedic boots.

Run Forrest Run!!!!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hiro11
$460 is absolutely absurd, especially for a 5 year old.
Not according to Gary Glitter

Originally Posted by Hiro11
What gives?
Even I'm not sick enough to answer that question.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Not according to Gary Glitter

Even I'm not sick enough to answer that question.

I'd say I've read it all, but you're still posting.....
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:17 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

apart from the ridiculous cheerleading outfit, everything else seems reasonable

kids are expensive, people - did you think that night of passion was a investment for your financial future?

we just had a mini pregnancy scare, first for a long time and thinking about it seriously, I was on the verge of an anxiety attack about how a kid would mess things up for me and my wife at this point in our lives
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
apart from the ridiculous cheerleading outfit, everything else seems reasonable

kids are expensive, people - did you think that night of passion was a investment for your financial future?

we just had a mini pregnancy scare, first for a long time and thinking about it seriously, I was on the verge of an anxiety attack about how a kid would mess things up for me and my wife at this point in our lives

Alright, Rushman's an absolute saint in comparison to you. Geeze, don't have sex if its that big of an anxiety attack for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.