Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

cornish pasties

cornish pasties

Old May 17th 2005, 5:53 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cornish pasties

Originally Posted by Sue
...also (look away Ray this will turn your stomach)....you can't beat swede mashed with loads of butter.....yum, yum in my tum!
I was thinking Ray could substitute a member of the Swedish Bikini Team....
Old May 17th 2005, 5:59 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You are all very sick disturbed women.......and you all frighten the life out of me ...
Old May 17th 2005, 6:05 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You are all very sick disturbed women.......and you all frighten the life out of me ...
frighten you!!!!!!!
Old May 17th 2005, 6:09 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Hey, I thought you'd LIKE a member of the Swedish Bikini Team wearing pasties!
Old May 17th 2005, 6:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I am far too old for that ... I just liked the idea of scoffing a cornish pastie without any bloody swede in it..
Old May 17th 2005, 6:13 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Ray
I am far too old for that ... I just liked the idea of scoffing a cornish pastie without any bloody swede in it..
Well, you have the recipe, leave out the bloody Swede you'd otherwise have to kill to make the stuff!
Old May 17th 2005, 6:17 am
Ray

I am not allowed in the kitchen ..
I will pass it to the relevant authority
Old May 17th 2005, 6:30 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

How about Rhubarb? do you find that :scared:, because I am about to make a rhubarb crumble.

I'll tell you what is :scared: me cooking. Before coming to the US I wouldn't be seen dead making rhubarb crumble. The closest I used to get to cooking was buying it ready-made from Asda and heating it up in the oven!

Originally Posted by Ray
Old May 17th 2005, 7:17 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Sue
How about Rhubarb? do you find that :scared:, because I am about to make a rhubarb crumble.

I'll tell you what is :scared: me cooking. Before coming to the US I wouldn't be seen dead making rhubarb crumble. The closest I used to get to cooking was buying it ready-made from Asda and heating it up in the oven!
Rhubarb crumble............Ship it immediately .....
I could die a non smoking fat pig.. very happily ..
Old May 17th 2005, 7:44 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Sue
How about Rhubarb? do you find that :scared:, because I am about to make a rhubarb crumble
Why not grow it? Yeah, it's poisonous but less so than oleander and that's all over the South. People here used to grow it in their home gardens.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:47 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I am not allowed in the kitchen ..
I will pass it to the relevant authority
I bet Joyce could make you a cheese and onion pasty if you find swede so offensive...

NC Penguin
Old May 21st 2005, 2:10 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

So I used Sue's recipe to make Cornish pasties for dinner tonight. Here's the result.

I made some changes to the original recipe. I used pork instead of beef. I added fresh parsley in the filling.

The recipe yielded two big pasties, based on a 10" dinner plate.

Next time I make them, I'll add a liberal dash of Worcester Sauce.

NC Penguin
Attached Thumbnails cornish pasties-cornish_pasties-052105.jpg  
Old May 21st 2005, 2:13 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
So I used Sue's recipe to make Cornish pasties for dinner tonight. Here's the result.
I made some changes to the original recipe. I used pork instead of beef. I added fresh parsley in the filling.
The recipe yielded two big pasties, based on a 10" dinner plate.
Next time I make them, I'll add a liberal dash of Worcester Sauce.
NC Penguin
Not cooked enough ..pastry need to be darker ...
Old May 21st 2005, 2:15 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Ray
Now I know why you aren't allowed in the kitchen. They look bloody lovely to me
Old May 21st 2005, 2:18 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by Ray
Pastry looked fine to me and the whole thing tasted very good according to other half.

Mental note: no need to send Ray shipment of homemade pasties...

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.