Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

consequences of missed EAD appointment in NYC?

consequences of missed EAD appointment in NYC?

Old Jul 12th 2002, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

littlefrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default consequences of missed EAD appointment in NYC?

Hi
I have to leave the country for a family emergency and got my AP yesterday, after much headache (it turns out the NY center had "misplaced" my file!) Anyway, I'll probably still be away when the appointment letter for the EAD arrives - and probably will miss the appointment. Now, I'm wondering if anybody has been in this predicament with the NY center, and if missing the appointment puts the EAD in jeopardy. If I just go there when I come back, having missed the appointment, will the EAD still be waiting for me, or will they have cancelled it or what?

Is there something I can do to let them know not to send me the appointment letter until my return date?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jul 12th 2002, 3:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: consequences of missed EAD appointment in NYC?

Personally, as a New York City INS user, I would not attempt to write them and explain your absence especially since you don't know when or if you will be missing an appointment.

As for the card itself, no it will not be waiting there for you. It has to be made and is made the day you go for your scheduled appointment. On that day they take you single print and your photo and manufacturer and laminent the card while you wait.

If your appointment is scheduled for while you are away, then you can go into INS like you did for the A/P and go to the third floor information desk. They should be able to give you the paper that will allow you into the EAD area. You can take it from there.

R