Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Condy Rice goes Oop North!

Condy Rice goes Oop North!

Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:17 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Condy Rice goes Oop North!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Some of the nicest people I know are from the 'pool.
Ken Dodd ???
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:34 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Ken Dodd ???
I must say I loved Liverpool. Visited the central area quite a bit to visit a pal doing a research project in the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (I believe that was what it was called). If "I had my time again" I would have gone to Liverpool for one of my degrees, great university and low living costs.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:40 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by User Name
I must say I loved Liverpool. Visited the central area quite a bit to visit a pal doing a research project in the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (I believe that was what it was called). If "I had my time again" I would have gone to Liverpool for one of my degrees, great university and low living costs.
Full of slappers in mini-skirts plastered in fake tan too, which is always a bonus
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Full of slappers in mini-skirts plastered in fake tan too, which is always a bonus

'scuse me...not in my day...
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:49 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by TruBrit
'scuse me...not in my day...
It was bisto instead of fake tan back then, wasn't it ??
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

It was bisto instead of fake tan back then, wasn't it ??

you got it....lol nothing like the real thing
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:58 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

I just loved the buildings, some really really nice architecture. There was the unfortunate episode when someone getting out of a cab got shot by a stray bullet, but everything else was fine. My pal was staying at the main Liverpool YMCA, got some funny stories about that place! He gave me his floor number and room number ... so I went to his "room" and knocked the door, then knocked it a bit louder, then with a bit more vigor ... until I was nearly knocking it off its hinges. His room number wasn't on the door, but it was "the door" to his room (from memory, I could hear him playing his favorite music, and heard him singing along), the next room in the sequence along the floor. Anyways, having knocked down the door (I am exaggerating a bit, the door refused to budge, and I didn't want the rap for a broken door, so just knocked on it harder and harder to get a response) he popped his head out of his door, the next door (literally). I said, "Didn't you hear me knock the living daylights out of this door?" Yes, he replied. Then we went out for a pint. It was that kind of time, and that kind of place.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ken Dodd ???
My god Davy how old are you?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

lol he must be gettin' on coz he remembers bisto on the legs...
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:23 pm
Thinking about it

I am old enough to have heard of him, but not old enough to find him funny - will that do ??
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:24 pm
Thinking about it

My great, great, great gran told me about it
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

My great, great, great gran told me about it
lol ohhh right
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never heard it before I met my father-in-law, he used to say I used gravy browning.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

I'd never heard it before I met my father-in-law, he used to say I used gravy browning.

i'd never heard it and i'd heard lots of war stories from mum and dad over the yrs but just this last time i was in blighty my lovely 80 yr old neighbour, joan, was telling me about make up and what they did in the war and she mentioned bisto...ohh it must have been so messy to apply...imagine if it rained...ohhh shame for them
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:29 pm
Thinking about it

The things a great British education taught me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.