Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It comes but once a year...

Wikiposts

It comes but once a year...

Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of
Default Re: It comes but once a year...

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I just love the term 'nerk' as an insult. It really stops my son in his tracks when he's on a strop.

He's picked up 'numpty' off the you tube though, and uses it in return

Unintentionally. I just didn't know that was your claim to fame, as it were
I kind'a like "nerk", too - although I don't think it'll have the impact it deserves coming with an American accent.

As for my claim to fame - my kids are appalled every now and then when I either make a comment or understand one they feel I shouldn't - hence the "claim". But then, living with the son of a dockie (hah! thought I was going to say something else, didn't you?), lasciviousness is practically a prerequisite to a happy marriage.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:04 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
lasciviousness is practically a prerequisite to a happy marriage.
Can someone email this to my wife, please
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:07 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
If a store name is crying out for a comma, it is this one. It is a bit creepy without.
With an entirely different range!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:11 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

No, because then I'd be making grammatically incorrect posts for 36 hours
Try it then you will see how much you like the spilling police.

I can't. Such is my OCD over grammar and spelling, it would bother me quite a lot to post like that intentionally.

I'll decline your challenge and remain a sad bastard, thank you ...
So let me guess. Your best friends are Mr. Comma, Miss. Full Stop, Mr. Grammar and Miss. Spelling.

Originally Posted by GetOutOfBlighty
ok no worries I actually did come to the conclusion that you were a little obsessed with punctuation and grammar i came to that conclusion after seeing how many of your previous posts were about spelling punctuation and grammar
A little obsessed. I say that he is very obsessed about spelling, punctuation, and grammar. He already told me that my spelling, punctuation, and grammar are shit. Which I knew anyway.

SultanOfSwing = spelling, punctuation, and grammar police officer.
Enjoy your job as spelling, punctuation, and grammar police officer SultanOfSwing.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It was another poor attempt at a double entendre. Weak, at best, I'll admit.
Though does remind me of that retort to "Abortion is Murder"...that "BJ's must be cannibalism"
Old Dec 5th 2011, 12:09 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Though does remind me of that retort to "Abortion is Murder"...that "BJ's must be cannibalism"
Old Dec 5th 2011, 4:58 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005
A little obsessed. I say that he is very obsessed about spelling, punctuation, and grammar. He already told me that my spelling, punctuation, and grammar are shit. Which I knew anyway.

SultanOfSwing = spelling, punctuation, and grammar police officer.
Enjoy your job as spelling, punctuation, and grammar police officer SultanOfSwing.
Now I can't remember everything I've posted, but if you can point to the post where I actually said your spelling and grammar were 'shit' I'll be quite surprised.

I correct, yes, but there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself correctly, is there?

Originally Posted by Bob
Genius, Bob. Pure genius!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:02 pm
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Now I can't remember everything I've posted, but if you can point to the post where I actually said your spelling and grammar were 'shit' I'll be quite surprised.

I correct, yes, but there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself correctly, is there?

Genius, Bob. Pure genius!
I was only Joking SultanOfSwing.

Of course there is nothing wrong with expressing myself correctly.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:05 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005
I was only Joking SultanOfSwing.
I know
Old Dec 9th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry it took so long to get back to answering, thanks for the info, I did buy them at TJ Max. They look a little nicer than the World Market ones and cost less too.