Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

collecting re-entry permit

collecting re-entry permit

Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: collecting re-entry permit

Originally Posted by izibear
Need to correct your grammar there.

I'm just a simple southern redneck.. I dont need no stinkin' permits for nothin'.

Ah yes thank you. I'm just a redneck in training really as my wife likes to point out to people.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:25 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I got mine a month ago & mine says nothing of the sort. Plus I wouldn't trust the person you spoke to from USCIS, as far as I could throw them!!!
I think she gave him a trick answer
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:25 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I got mine a month ago & mine says nothing of the sort. Plus I wouldn't trust the person you spoke to from USCIS, as far as I could throw them!!!
He said he spoke to the INS .. so the call must have been a few years ago ..
plus they have not made their phone numbers available for years ...
Also note the USCIS are under no obligation to give you legal advice ...
any call to the help line is dealt with by a contractor who has had basic telephone training and has been given a script...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Re Entry Permit

Read and inwardly digest.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:41 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
He said he spoke to the INS .. so the call must have been a few years ago ..
plus they have not made their phone numbers available for years ...
Also note the USCIS are under no obligation to give you legal advice ...
any call to the help line is dealt with by a contractor who has had basic telephone training and has been given a script...
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but I know people who still call it INS, when it is, in fact now USCIS & thought this may be the case here. Sorry Ray, love you.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
It is on the form I got with it. I have also (because I don't trust these things) phoned INS in VT and asked if there was any limit to the time out of the country and the woman I talked to told me that as long as the green card was valid I would be allowed in.
The mis-information line would be wrong....they don't have a clue anyway and are only contract workers...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
There is a difference there right off ! ... Green cards are now only valid for 10 years. I got mine in 2001 and it expires in 2011.... I know they have changed because my second job here was working for a British guy who had lived here for 20 years and he held a green card with no expiry date on it, the cards appeared to be different also.
greencard might only be valid for 10 years, bar the conditional ones, but the status doesn't expire....you could leave the country for a day and not be allowed back if they think you abandoned your residency let alone be gone for 6 odd months plus.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
tks for info...my gc is only valid 10yrs, due for renewal fall this year....i'm off to the uk soon and will check up on the 2yr you're talking about...that was news to me
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/renew.htm
How Do I Renew My Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)?

The 2-year validity Green Cards are issued to people who get PR status visa marriage to a USC, when the marriage is less than 2 years old (and potentially some investors). They file a marriage report card at 2 years and get a 10 year card if they are still 'really married' (form I-751).

If you've already had a 10-year card, your renewal card will be valid for ten years.

There are some older Green cards with no expiration date; rules for those people at the link above.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/renew.htm
How Do I Renew My Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)?

The 2-year validity Green Cards are issued to people who get PR status visa marriage to a USC, when the marriage is less than 2 years old (and potentially some investors). They file a marriage report card at 2 years and get a 10 year card if they are still 'really married' (form I-751).

If you've already had a 10-year card, your renewal card will be valid for ten years.

There are some older Green cards with no expiration date; rules for those people at the link above.
tks but i'm really ok with my renewal....pls read the rest of the thread to explain what the 2 yrs was about.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

tks but i'm really ok with my renewal....pls read the rest of the thread to explain what the 2 yrs was about.
I wouldn't bother
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

oh, sorry about that.

No, that 2 year thing is fiction/misunderstanding.
The DAH's recently-received card has no such language on it and the info the other person got was only partly correct.

You can find the answer here:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm
Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

Maintaining Permanent Residence
You may be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status if you:
(see page)
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meauxna
oh, sorry about that.

)

hey no probs
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

hey no probs
Ignore Mo... she is a plagiarizer
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Ignore Mo... she is a plagiarizer
you mean a pirate
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:40 pm
Ray

you mean a pirate
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...52&postcount=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.