Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

CO school shooting

CO school shooting

Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:22 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CO school shooting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5387062.stm

Of course we don't have all the facts, but it seems to me that in Britain they are much more prepared to wait it out.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CO school shooting

Originally Posted by Chorlton

Of course we don't have all the facts, but it seems to me that in Britain they are much more prepared to wait it out.
but as lionheart mentions....people are leaving the UK because of chav's hanging around on street corners.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:46 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
but as lionheart mentions....people are leaving the UK because of chav's hanging around on street corners.
I'll take petty crime over murder any day of the week!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
If it was Chavs holding them hostage all the police would have to do would be drop a fiver and a burberry hat on the street and theyd all come running out.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:18 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes...they were prepared to wait it out in Columbine also.

How may were killed or maimed during their wait may never be known.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Yes...they were prepared to wait it out in Columbine also.

How may were killed or maimed during their wait may never be known.
It appears he was sexually assaulting the girls and that's why they moved in early.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

you can't keep everybody safe all of the time.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:27 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

There was no point to "waiting it out" . This kid was going to die and he was going to take as many with him as possible.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

The sooner they took him out - the sooner he'd stop killing people. He had a plan and he wasn't about to let them "talk him down".

Why do people blame the cops? Blame the little bastard that was killing everybody.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:36 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Why do people blame the cops?
Usually because the cops have ceased to enjoy the respect of the majority of the society they police.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie66
The sooner they took him out - the sooner he'd stop killing people. He had a plan and he wasn't about to let them "talk him down".

Why do people blame the cops? Blame the little bastard that was killing everybody.

Did I miss someone blaming the police? I don't recall saying whether waiting was a good thing or a bad thing. It varies from case to case.
Its funny how everyone demonizes the school shooters but never the people who might have driven them to it.

This kind if thing is always going to go on. I hope another dumb gun control debate doesnt arise out of it. The kid shouldnt have unsupervised access to firearms- thats the law, end of story (if it was a kid?).
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Did I miss someone blaming the police? I don't recall saying whether waiting was a good thing or a bad thing. It varies from case to case.
Its funny how everyone demonizes the school shooters but never the people who might have driven them to it.

This kind if thing is always going to go on. I hope another dumb gun control debate doesnt arise out of it. The kid shouldnt have unsupervised access to firearms- thats the law, end of story (if it was a kid?).
The guy was 54.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:50 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Did Its funny how everyone demonizes the school shooters but never the people who might have driven them to it.
Yes, surely it was the 'people who might have driven him to it's fault....

Its funny how everyone demonizes the rapists but never the chick in the hot mini skirt.

Its funny how everyone demonizes the bank robbers but never the damn banks who don't need all that money anyway.

Its funny how everyone demonizes the Child molesters but never the parents who dress up their daughters so smartly.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:53 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Did I miss someone blaming the police?
I live about 30 miles from where this took place and it's all over the press/media this morning. There are questions being raised about the way the police handled the situation. The police aren't at fault here. IMHO they did a fine job ensuring the loss of life was minimal. No consolation to the poor girls family. There is only one person to blame - the gunman!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The guy was 54.
Okay, er...
which brings me to my next points
1. It wasnt interesting enough for me to read all the details today, and why is it more newsworthy that the daily carnage going on elsewhere?
2. I wouldnt be against some kind of firearms license which would be renewed like a CHL - more safeguards than the current system and no gun registration needed.
Other than that, like manc said, you can't protect everybody all the time - sad but true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.