Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Citizenship question

Citizenship question

Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:09 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Duncs
I have yet to fully make up my mind about taking citizenship here. Although i probably will because i want to work in government, i would like to become an Assistant District Attorney eventually and most places require citizenship to get a job. There is also the fact that it lifts the affadavit of support liability that my father in law has towards me. Most importantly i want to take part in politics again and that requires citizenship.

Although the thought of actually swearing an oath that renouces my primary loyalty to Britain is hard to imagine right now and i certainly dont feel American yet. I suppose we shall see how time affects my sense of identity.

regards,

Duncan
Politics - are you feeling well Duncan?

Are you perchance the same Duncan I spoke to a long time ago - formerly a UK Barrister. I apologise if you are not and I have you confused with someone else

If you are - How's it going?

(I seem to remember that the gentleman in question had some turmoil going on the last time I saw them around).

I've come to terms with the oath personally. I also have to fill out some extra forms renouncing my hereditary title - the one I never use anyway..lmao

It's who you are that matters. They can't take that away from you Anything else is just a label.