Reload this Page >

Citizenship Interview Cancelled

Citizenship Interview Cancelled

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship Interview Cancelled

Hello all,

I had posted my concern previously but didn't get any reply back. Lets hope it works this time.

I had received my citizenship interview letter on Aug 20th which stated that I had an interview on Oct 23rd. Four days later I received another notice stating that my interview had been cancelled for "unforsean Circumstances".

Just wondering what was that all about. Has anyone else had this problem? Or even heard of this before? I called Californica Server Center few times but only thing I hear from them is "Just Wait" They don't seem to know anything for some reason.

Any advice?

- Sean
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 11:03 pm
Ujjwalc

Default Re: Citizenship Interview Cancelled

Citizenship interview is scheduled
by the local INS office (computer). The
interview letter is also mailed from the
same office. GO to your local
INS office and explain the problem.
May be an interview will be scheduled soon.
Regards
Willy

Old Oct 24th 2002, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

I had the same problem, interview in Orlando descheduled due to unforseen circumstances.

I called TSC about 10 times before I got a helpful woman who said that my file was in limbo, and she would put me back into the interview schedule queue (yes she used the word queue, not line).

1 week later I had anoither letter, giving me my interview in Jan 2003, but now it's in Miami,a 400 mile round trip.

Go Figure

Hope this helps. My advise is phone...phone...phone and keep phoning until you have an answer

Simon
Old Dec 5th 2002, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by simon bland
I had the same problem, interview in Orlando descheduled due to unforseen circumstances.

I called TSC about 10 times before I got a helpful woman who said that my file was in limbo, and she would put me back into the interview schedule queue (yes she used the word queue, not line).

1 week later I had anoither letter, giving me my interview in Jan 2003, but now it's in Miami,a 400 mile round trip.

Go Figure

Hope this helps. My advise is phone...phone...phone and keep phoning until you have an answer

Simon
I had to do 300 miles RT. You can do it. I left at night and made a day trip out of it. My interview was for 8:45am and I did not get out 'till afternoon. A lot of people waiting want to know if they can use the bathroom, but the answer is that you risk your name being called. So, take a leak once you get there.