Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas Prezzies......share what Santa is bringing

Christmas Prezzies......share what Santa is bringing

Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Christmas Prezzies......share what Santa is bringing

Originally Posted by Big D
They are EVERYWHERE here this year - even loads in Pier 1 and you can get make your own ones in places too!
Its a modern day British Invasion you see. I keep telling my neighbors we are taking the States back by stealth one state at a time...Florida first.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Its a modern day British Invasion you see. I keep telling my neighbors we are taking the States back by stealth one state at a time...Florida first.

Thats exactly what i said to the wife when we saw them!!

Sorry tried to send karma but need to spread more first!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antjen
yup, them, though I've found a site in the UK that does them for £4 a pop...still can't get them sent to the US though...bugger really
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:58 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yup, them, though I've found a site in the UK that does them for £4 a pop...still can't get them sent to the US though...bugger really
iwantoneofthose.com ships to the US, the items not as cheap as 4 pounds but they do ship to the US at least.

Ant
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:44 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Get a family or friend to order..... if it's a gift, and not a commercial sale, it's easier to get anything through short of an ICBM.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
should check out HMV, they had, well a few weeks ago at least a great deal on a boxset for the first 3 series, £30 for the lot...
That would be a fantastic deal as each series is now a bit over £30 and with shipping it'd go over £100 easily. In their MI-5 incarnation they are slightly a bit cheaper here and the shipping would be lower, though if HMV's prices were VAT inclusive might be a wash.

Of course, MI-5 will be Region 1 and Spooks Region 2 should that be relevant.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antjen
iwantoneofthose.com ships to the US, the items not as cheap as 4 pounds but they do ship to the US at least.

Ant
not that item, you try it and it'll get rejected...it's the chemical gas in the vial that makes it glow which is banned in the US for general commercial use...
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Get a family or friend to order..... if it's a gift, and not a commercial sale, it's easier to get anything through short of an ICBM.
Aye, there is that of course *l*
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by snowbunny
That would be a fantastic deal as each series is now a bit over £30 and with shipping it'd go over £100 easily. In their MI-5 incarnation they are slightly a bit cheaper here and the shipping would be lower, though if HMV's prices were VAT inclusive might be a wash.

Of course, MI-5 will be Region 1 and Spooks Region 2 should that be relevant.
HMV online when sending abroad doesn't add VAT...as for series one, that is a lot cheaper in the UK, the other two series, pretty close in cost, but I think you get more for your money with the UK edition..
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
not that item, you try it and it'll get rejected...it's the chemical gas in the vial that makes it glow which is banned in the US for general commercial use...
Well it could be used for terror purposes....evil glowing rings of doom..work of the Devil and all that.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Well it could be used for terror purposes....evil glowing rings of doom..work of the Devil and all that.
Could be

Really stupid really, but I did email the company about it for a laugh, and basically they can sell all their other products, just not this because it glows permanently....it would be great for you guys for when the power goes out...good for zippers on sleeping bags too and all kinds of things where you need to fiddle around with a switch in the dark..
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:06 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

this year I think I'm going to get an exercise bike or something......I seriously need to tone up...for two years I was a member of a gym...hardly ever went so we cancelled at the end of this summer...now all I want to do is exercise and get fit...go figure....and yes I know..... by march the said piece of exercise equipment will be a lovely clothes horse
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:22 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
this year I think I'm going to get an exercise bike or something......I seriously need to tone up...for two years I was a member of a gym...hardly ever went so we cancelled at the end of this summer...now all I want to do is exercise and get fit...go figure....and yes I know..... by march the said piece of exercise equipment will be a lovely clothes horse
LOL I got an elliptical for my birthday, 'cos you know it's so much easier to do it at home and I can do it while I watch t.v in the evening, blah blah Used it for the whole of the summer and it's now in the corner of the bedroom! Have asked for an ab lounge for Xmas hoping that I may feel motivated again
The sad thing is I live 5 mins down the road from the gym
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Too soon to bend my mind around present buying. But at Sam's Club the other day I bought a 10ft. high lighted tree thingie for the front lawn - sorry, yard. LOL!
I think America is getting to me at last. :scared:
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:50 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Too soon to bend my mind around present buying. But at Sam's Club the other day I bought a 10ft. high lighted tree thingie for the front lawn - sorry, yard. LOL!
I think America is getting to me at last. :scared:
don't worry we have 8 ft inflatable Santa and Frosty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.