Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas pressies - did you like what you got?

Christmas pressies - did you like what you got?

Old Dec 25th 2006, 7:01 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas pressies - did you like what you got?

Well is it better to give than receive re Christmas presents.
After hearing my 8 yr old niece has the same present as moi followed (sims 2 pets)
Got a PSP so thought the old thinking was true - if you don't have children you get presents that children want and if you do have children you are deluded into thinking you are buying presents for them and not for yourself.

I gave money into everyones account and they gave back the money into our account so continued on that Christmas tradition

So what did you all give and receive then?
Old Dec 25th 2006, 9:31 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Christmas pressies - did you like what you got?

Only Fools & Horses - Complete Series 7
Doctor Who - Complete Series 2
Best Buy Gift Card

So i'm happy

It was more an Xmas for our son, as this is the first year he's really been able to get into the Xmas spirit, and is still too young for the "I want...." phase

Last edited by dgsyd1; Dec 25th 2006 at 9:34 pm.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas pressies - did you like what you got?

i gave the kids a psp each for christmas
hubby bought me a nintendo Wii
also got perfume, chocs etc

and gave hubby a blackeye nearly playing tennis on the Wii

poor man, he will give me slippers next year, less dangerous
Old Dec 26th 2006, 12:44 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u

I gave money into everyones account and they gave back the money into our account so continued on that Christmas tradition
Me wonders why you bother since you are giving nothing only exchanging funds. Unless, of course, you got back more than you gave. Not much of a present in my eyes.

Yes, I'm very happy with what I got for Xmas. Two new hearing aids, 2 watches (dress and day) and sundry gifts. Gave motorcycle boots, a sitsu chair heater and massager and sundry gifts.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:32 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Me wonders why you bother since you are giving nothing only exchanging funds. Unless, of course, you got back more than you gave. Not much of a present in my eyes.
That's what my OH says but the amounts given is really different and I am never organised to know what I want in October for them to ship it to me so it's my own fault.
Though I did get one present sent from an elderly Aunt- which was a blouse that I might wear if I was 80, but it's the thought that counts and the local old people's home always look happy to see me
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by englishnurse
i gave the kids a psp each for christmas
hubby bought me a nintendo Wii
also got perfume, chocs etc

and gave hubby a blackeye nearly playing tennis on the Wii

poor man, he will give me slippers next year, less dangerous
I thought it was psp for the adults and the wii for children. But I thought the wii looked fun though there have been stories about the controllers slipping out of hands hitting/damaging the tv screen!
But at least you can go between game systems
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

I did not like what I got
Could not get hold of any of my family in UK to wish a Happy Christmas.
after lots of worry finally got through to find out my dad had been rushed to hospital this morning. His health has not been great in the past 2 years, so I dreaded the worst.
Lots of waiting all day and feeling helpless being so far from them, waiting for test results etc..
A horrible reality check and reminder of how far removed we are.............

Sorry to be a party pooper.........feeling a bit woeful but grateful too as he's going to be fine.........
Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Tbag
after lots of worry finally got through to find out my dad had been rushed to hospital this morning. His health has not been great in the past 2 years, so I dreaded the worst.
Lots of waiting all day and feeling helpless being so far from them, waiting for test results etc..

Sorry to be a party pooper.........feeling a bit woeful but grateful too as he's going to be fine.........
I am so sorry to hear that!! Especially on Christmas day to get news like that and being so far away I know can make you feel helpless not knowing what is going on. I hope he gets better soon sending best wishes, and my sympathy.
Hope you hear the final what's going on soon and that it's continued good news.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:35 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

You are not a Party Pooper its reality we can't time these things to happen as and when suits our schedule.
I am in the UK at the moment as most regulars know and my Father inlaws 2nd wife died on the 23rd Dec, so I did not feel very festive either.
The OH is devastated ,she was only 48 years old and I feel bad because I am not there for them.

I hope that your Dad is doing well and he will be home soon yes it is a reality check but we have to be strong.

Poppy
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You are not a Party Pooper its reality we can't time these things to happen as and when suits our schedule.
I am in the UK at the moment as most regulars know and my Father inlaws 2nd wife died on the 23rd Dec, so I did not feel very festive either.
The OH is devastated ,she was only 48 years old and I feel bad because I am not there for them.

I hope that your Dad is doing well and he will be home soon yes it is a reality check but we have to be strong.

Poppy
Thank you Soooo much for your kind words..... it truly cheered me up.
I am so sorry to hear your news, your right, you have to be strong and accept the situation and keep going as best to normal as you can.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I am so sorry to hear that!! Especially on Christmas day to get news like that and being so far away I know can make you feel helpless not knowing what is going on. I hope he gets better soon sending best wishes, and my sympathy.
Hope you hear the final what's going on soon and that it's continued good news.
Thanks so much, I will talk to them today and really appreciate your reply and genuine words of cheer up
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:23 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

We had a very nice Christmas. Mark gave me the "Little Britain-series 2" DVD and I gave him the "Battlestar Galactica-series 1" DVD. Our dog Andie gave us a George Foreman indoor grill (she's a great gift shopper!). Mark's mum and dad gave me a little bottle of perfume and Mark got a radio CD and a little tin of Sainsbury's Christmas pudding (he was SO happy about that!).

The only disappointing bit was that although my mother gave us a digital camcorder, she bought the wrong make/model (one that has a very low review rating and various problems with it that have been reported by consumers). The worst thing is that she bought it at Walmart, and although the make/model we want is available at Walmart.com, it's NOT available at Walmart stores. So we can't do a simple exchange at the store, and if we return it we'll only get store credit -- which we CAN'T use online. Ironically the camcorder we wanted is $60 less than the one she bought. *sigh* Not sure how to handle this without looking like we're unappreciative...

EDITED TO ADD: Yay, I just found out that we can exchange the camcorder for a gift card, and we CAN use the gift card online.

~ Jenney

Last edited by Just Jenney; Dec 26th 2006 at 3:35 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas here was mostly for the kids. But I got what I have wanted
for many years just never chanced to get. It is a little different, but
my wife gave me a violin. My wife in return got a lovely ring which she
greatly appreciated , and a new DVD camcorder.
Everyone have a fantastic New Year! Cheers
Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear that Tbag
Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seahorse3
Christmas here was mostly for the kids. But I got what I have wanted
for many years just never chanced to get. It is a little different, but
my wife gave me a violin. My wife in return got a lovely ring which she
greatly appreciated , and a new DVD camcorder.
Everyone have a fantastic New Year! Cheers
MY my a violin, your so interesting and your one of them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.