Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:56 am
Fort Collins, Colorado

yukichon will become famous soon enoughyukichon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas Presents - Good Websites/Pages

www.notonthehighstreet.com is a great site for quirky and original gifts
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:16 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yukichon
www.notonthehighstreet.com is a great site for quirky and original gifts
I've just stumbled on that today, just spent an hour on their site. Some lovely gift ideas that are different from the norm. I've spotted a couple of things to give my parents-in-law as I always struggle with what to get them.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I've just stumbled on that today, just spent an hour on their site. Some lovely gift ideas that are different from the norm. I've spotted a couple of things to give my parents-in-law as I always struggle with what to get them.
I really liked the pint/half pint T's and the acorn/tree t's...bit pricey though but a lot of really lovely stuff.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:47 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm struggling with gifts for my 11 year old daughter this year, technology means CD's, books, movies and games are no longer needed. And I have no idea what to buy her as her main gift. Stumped
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:50 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I'm struggling with gifts for my 11 year old daughter this year, technology means CD's, books, movies and games are no longer needed. And I have no idea what to buy her as her main gift. Stumped
Has she started taking an interest in jewellery at all? Maybe one of those pandora type bracelets that you can add charms to as she gets older, or perhaps just a regular charm bracelet?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:54 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Has she started taking an interest in jewellery at all? Maybe one of those pandora type bracelets that you can add charms to as she gets older, or perhaps just a regular charm bracelet?
She used to like jewelry, but now she is heavily into her sport she doesn't wear it anymore, except very special occasions. She already has a Pandora bracelet and some charms, and another relative bought her tons of the filler beads for it too (once I have a good idea everyone jumps on it )

Good suggestion though, thank you I bet I can get another charm that she would like
Old Nov 19th 2013, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually use amazon, M&S and bunches.co.uk as we as voucher express.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
It's start getting harder as they get a bit older, doesn't it?

It's always hard to find the right present that isn't just the usual for our daughter. She does want an iPhone (apparently every other kid at her school has one... ) and she may get her dad's old one... But she's interested in fashion design as well and I'd like to find something for her that will pique that interest.

Other than that, who knows...
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:01 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
It's start getting harder as they get a bit older, doesn't it?

It's always hard to find the right present that isn't just the usual for our daughter. She does want an iPhone (apparently every other kid at her school has one... ) and she may get her dad's old one... But she's interested in fashion design as well and I'd like to find something for her that will pique that interest.

Other than that, who knows...
Does she have a sewing machine? I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PC420P.../dp/B000XE3FGO and it is a delight. I'm using it to make a Renaissance festival costume for my husband and it has so many thoughtful touches compared to my thirty-year-old secondhand Singer that I almost want to weep over the fabric.

A trip to the craft store for jewelry design materials, or a life drawing course, might be good cheaper options. (I know a few fashion design majors at the art school near here.)

Last edited by Speedwell; Nov 20th 2013 at 2:03 am.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Does she have a sewing machine? I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PC420P.../dp/B000XE3FGO and it is a delight. I'm using it to make a Renaissance festival costume for my husband and it has so many thoughtful touches compared to my thirty-year-old secondhand Singer that I almost want to weep over the fabric.

A trip to the craft store for jewelry design materials, or a life drawing course, might be good cheaper options. (I know a few fashion design majors at the art school near here.)
I bought her a sewing machine a couple of years ago for a Christmas present... It's still sitting in a box in the closet. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get that thing to work right! I might have the wrong thread in it, because it just doesn't sew right, the thread breaks, etc. Anyway, may have a go with it again...
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:43 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I bought her a sewing machine a couple of years ago for a Christmas present... It's still sitting in a box in the closet. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get that thing to work right! I might have the wrong thread in it, because it just doesn't sew right, the thread breaks, etc. Anyway, may have a go with it again...
You may not be threading it correctly or the tension isn't good, or else the machine is defective. Take it to a fabric store at a slowish time of day and ask the staff to show you how it should work.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You may not be threading it correctly or the tension isn't good, or else the machine is defective. Take it to a fabric store at a slowish time of day and ask the staff to show you how it should work.
Have to wait for after Christmas for a slow day! Tis the season to make things.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet but as I have gifts to buy for here and UK, I like to get ahead. (I wrote my Christmas Cards today )

Here's a nice one I found today personalcreations.com - I love the snowball fight in a bucket as the chances of us seeing snow in Texas is remote.

For back in the UK, I have used:

Amazon
Thorntons
John Lewis
M&S
and I got some lovely glass name plaques from www.iridescentglassdesign.co.uk

Parents-in-law are getting a roku and years subscription to Netflix.

Anyone else found anything exciting?
For here f you want something other than what is at Wal-Mart or TRU check out Rainbow Resource. http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?subject=19
The Dover coloring, sticker, and paper doll books are inexpensive. They have construction sets, marble runs, art supplies, math games, a good variety for different ages. They have educational coloring books like State Flowers or Medicinal Plants.
Paper Dolls:
http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodl...&category=6447

Coloring Books:
http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodl...&category=6405

Marble Runs:
http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodl...&category=6287
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Another idea is sign her up for basic quilting course at a quilt shop or how to sew pajama pants course at Joann's. That will teach her the basics of how to sew a straight seam and be comfortable with her machine.

The Wilton Cake decorating class is a fun mom/teen class to do together. Joann's has specials sometimes where their classes are 1/2 off.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 3:09 am

Anyone got any good ideas for coworkers? There are 4 of us, all women, buying for the 3 of th gets harder every year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.