Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas Gifts to the UK

Christmas Gifts to the UK

Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:33 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Gifts to the UK

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Target only $2.99 each, white, milk and dark!
WHITE??

I didn't know about those. Why wasn't I told??
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
WHITE??

I didn't know about those. Why wasn't I told??
We wanted to make sure there were some left for the rest of us ...

I didn't know they did them either
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:40 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
We wanted to make sure there were some left for the rest of us ...

I didn't know they did them either
I Just want to ... .look after them.... yeah.. so they dont get lost.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

You're such a helpful bloke
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:43 pm

You're such a helpful bloke
I know!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:47 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just bring two singles to the bank - they should have some they can give. You'd be a while waiting for one to turn up in your change.
Yeah, we always get them for the "red packets" at Chinese New Year - the bank always have nice crisp new ones.

As an aside, we went to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Fort Worth earlier this year - well worth a visit if you're in the area. They reckoned that they print over 100mill in $2 every few of years - they are doing them this year, but the previous run was 5 or 6 years ago. Most of the $2 printed are actually additional, rather than replacement notes, whereas over 90% of new $1 printed are to replace old worn out bills which are then destroyed. You just never see the $2 because people hang on to them when they get them, and they rarely get back into circulation. Certainly true in our house....the kids have quite a few, and they never want to spend them.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:04 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Since you just want to look...
Attached Thumbnails Christmas Gifts to the UK-image.jpg  
Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Since you just want to look...
I think I have a safe spot for those, if you want to mail them on over.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:08 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Yeah, we always get them for the "red packets" at Chinese New Year - the bank always have nice crisp new ones.

As an aside, we went to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Fort Worth earlier this year - well worth a visit if you're in the area. They reckoned that they print over 100mill in $2 every few of years - they are doing them this year, but the previous run was 5 or 6 years ago. Most of the $2 printed are actually additional, rather than replacement notes, whereas over 90% of new $1 printed are to replace old worn out bills which are then destroyed. You just never see the $2 because people hang on to them when they get them, and they rarely get back into circulation. Certainly true in our house....the kids have quite a few, and they never want to spend them.
That's sort of what I thought - they're not quite as ubiquitous as the £2.00 coin was back home.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

gracejilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I am looking for a visa or master card gift that I can purchase here in the USA but in British pounds so I can send to our family in Scotland. Any ideas?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 1:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by gracejilly
Hi there,

I am looking for a visa or master card gift that I can purchase here in the USA but in British pounds so I can send to our family in Scotland. Any ideas?
Amazon UK. They will accept a US or UK credit card in GBP and will (obviously) deliver to the UK, gift wrapped if needs be.

Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

gracejilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Idea, Thanks Sultan
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:17 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by gracejilly
Good Idea, Thanks Sultan
No problem. It's what I did (albeit the opposite way around) to send Christmas presents to my fiancée and her son before I moved out here, works quite nicely indeed.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon UK. They will accept a US or UK credit card in GBP and will (obviously) deliver to the UK, gift wrapped if needs be.

Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt
Yeah that works a lot better than buying stuff and posting (which I still do anyway - sigh)
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:45 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Yeah that works a lot better than buying stuff and posting (which I still do anyway - sigh)
We do that too, mainly because we don't know what to get until we actually wander around a few shops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.