Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas Gifts to the UK

Christmas Gifts to the UK

Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:42 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Gifts to the UK

I know it's getting a bit late in the day to start buying gifts but I lost at least an hour and a half browsing through here:

http://dodoburd.com/
Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:08 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
I know it's getting a bit late in the day to start buying gifts but I lost at least an hour and a half browsing through here:

http://dodoburd.com/
Late?? Bu99er me - it's not Christmas Eve already is it?!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:27 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, that was a cool website though - some different stuff.
For the kids, I couldn't decide between the Makedo playhouse at $10 or the Human bowling ball at $4500...
For her indoors, it will clearly have to be the Dyson Vacuum cleaner - that should make for a pleasant atmosphere round the Christmas Dinner table, always assuming I can extract the bird from whichever of my orifices she managed to ram it into!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:31 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Hey, that was a cool website though - some different stuff.
For the kids, I couldn't decide between the Makedo playhouse at $10 or the Human bowling ball at $4500...
For her indoors, it will clearly have to be the Dyson Vacuum cleaner - that should make for a pleasant atmosphere round the Christmas Dinner table, always assuming I can extract the bird from whichever of my orifices she managed to ram it into!
I'll take the Dyson, hubby wouldn't buy me one after taking our UK ones apart to unclog or untangle "more times than he can remember". I have an actual Hoover now with a bag no less, it's like I'm back in the dark ages
Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:41 am

I'll take the Dyson, hubby wouldn't buy me one after taking our UK ones apart to unclog or untangle "more times than he can remember". I have an actual Hoover now with a bag no less, it's like I'm back in the dark ages
Boy, I hope your hubby knows he's got a "keeper"!

I could forsee serious sense of humour failure for putting a vac under the tree! To be fair, she's doesn't go a whole bundle on the gift thing. She's always.."we don't need anything, let's just get presents for the kids"...
She still hasn't learned that blokes are just kids in bigger bodies....we still need toys, its just that now they need sharp bits, or loud bits, or fast bits....or preferably all 3....
Old Dec 14th 2012, 10:53 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

always assuming I can extract the bird from whichever of my orifices she managed to ram it into!
You can use the Dyson to do this.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:46 pm
Chocoholic !

Boy, I hope your hubby knows he's got a "keeper"!

I could forsee serious sense of humour failure for putting a vac under the tree! To be fair, she's doesn't go a whole bundle on the gift thing. She's always.."we don't need anything, let's just get presents for the kids"...
She still hasn't learned that blokes are just kids in bigger bodies....we still need toys, its just that now they need sharp bits, or loud bits, or fast bits....or preferably all 3....
Hubby has been quite easy to buy for this year, he's got a nice stash, but I know for a fact I have nothing at this point although we are planning on buying each other a Matgaritavlille Machine with vouchers from the out-laws.

The dude has gone all Jerry McGuire this year "Show me the Money!!!" So I'm thinking a fiver in his card?
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:39 pm

buying each other a Matgaritavlille Machine
Seen them advertised, and wondered how an ice crusher commanded such a price, but never seen one in action until we went to a party a couple of weeks ago - very impressive!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:39 pm

The dude has gone all Jerry McGuire this year "Show me the Money!!!" So I'm thinking a fiver in his card?
Five bucks! Why be flash? give him a $2 and tell him its a special edition
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:53 pm
Chocoholic !

Five bucks! Why be flash? give him a $2 and tell him its a special edition
If I could find a $2 note that might be worth a wind up
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

If I could find a $2 note that might be worth a wind up
Just bring two singles to the bank - they should have some they can give. You'd be a while waiting for one to turn up in your change.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:00 pm
Chocoholic !

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Just bring two singles to the bank - they should have some they can give. You'd be a while waiting for one to turn up in your change.
I have never seen one so didn't think the bank would have any, I will pop in today and find out. I have bought him 3 chocolate oranges (seriously that's all he has at the moment) so if I could get hold of 3 notes I could wrap one round each orange and just wait for the reaction
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:02 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I have bought him 3 chocolate oranges
Want!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:06 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen one so didn't think the bank would have any, I will pop in today and find out. I have bought him 3 chocolate oranges (seriously that's all he has at the moment) so if I could get hold of 3 notes I could wrap one round each orange and just wait for the reaction
We have one that we kept after we got it in change but they are rare in circulation (probably because everyone keeps one when they get it). A bank should have a few, it's worth a try.

I got two chocolate oranges the other day. I ate one then my wife goes and tells me that I have to leave the other one until Christmas. WTF?
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:29 pm
Chocoholic !

Originally Posted by Nutek
Want!
Target only $2.99 each, white, milk and dark!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.