Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas Crrackers

Christmas Crrackers

Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Crrackers

Originally Posted by Weeze
My husband wants a TX licence that says twunt.
Saw a car with New York plates a few weeks ago...***** 1. Rushman used to have the plate UTW*T...or something similar.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:17 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Saw a car with New York plates a few weeks ago...***** 1. Rushman used to have the plate UTW*T...or something similar.
Now that's just rude. Somebody call a moderator!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:37 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Homegoods/TJMaxx/Marshalls

My homegoods doesnt have any yet, but seeing as how i work there I will be snapping them up as soon as I see them on the truck
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown

My homegoods doesnt have any yet, but seeing as how i work there I will be snapping them up as soon as I see them on the truck
The Home Goods ones are good

World Market ones have been very feeble in the past.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Usually get mine from TJMaxx
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

IcedGem is an unknown quantity at this point

Bed Bath and Beyond here generally get a couple of types of crackers. Last year they were better than the ones from World Market.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:16 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

If you order them from Amazon or Ebay, make sure to pay attention to the measurements. I ordered some thinking they were a bargain and they were teeny tiny crap things

Good luck!!!
And make sure you make it clear to the Americans in the house that they have to wear the silly hat for the whole of dinner!!!
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:47 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown

I was going to go in and check tomorrow along with trader joes and World Market
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:49 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
If you order them from Amazon or Ebay, make sure to pay attention to the measurements. I ordered some thinking they were a bargain and they were teeny tiny crap things

Good luck!!!
And make sure you make it clear to the Americans in the house that they have to wear the silly hat for the whole of dinner!!!
I love that part, we all did sit and wear them for the whole meal last year. the teen went still had his on for a few hours, no one bothered telling him
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
The British Shop in Houston have them, but they are mega bucks...

In previous years we've picked them up at World Market, but our nearest one closed down recently. I saw them somewhere else last year and thought "huh - have to remember that" .... and of course, now I can't
Target? That's where I've found them the last few years.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

I purchased them at target last year, and this year have already seen them in costco.

We bought cadbury advent calendars over with us last year, and my sister is visiting us in a few weeks, so they are on the shopping list ive given her

I dont recall seeing chocolate advent calendars here last year, but i didnt properly look for them.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:19 am
Just Joined

norfolkgirl is just really nicenorfolkgirl is just really nicenorfolkgirl is just really nicenorfolkgirl is just really nicenorfolkgirl is just really nicenorfolkgirl is just really nicenorfolkgirl is just really nicenorfolkgirl is just really nice

Yep - World Market or some high end grocery stores. Occasionally Marshalls etc but buy when you see them - don't expect to find 'better!'
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

TJ Maxx and Marshalls have the best ones around here. I can't wait. Need to start looking out for chestnuts too.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:15 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Along with the Christmas theme when do you start posting cards and presents back to the UK?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:32 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Weeze
Along with the Christmas theme when do you start posting cards and presents back to the UK?
I'm off to the UK this weekend to 'do' Christmas with those relatives that won't/can't leave the UK. I shall write my cards and and send them whilst I am there, and leave pressies. It'll shock them all - I am normally a real last-minute person.

...Can't wait for a curry in Bradford and then a good pint in a proper pub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.