Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chopper Crazy...

Chopper Crazy...

Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:31 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chopper Crazy...

has anyone else noticed, the U.S has gone chopper bike crazy? theres OCC and West coast choppers on T.V, plus biker build off's.

I was surfin the websites for xmas pressies for the kids, now you can get a 'razor' chopper that does 15mph (for kids 12+) and a OCC - schwin push chopper style push bike....even a girls schwin blue chopper, complete with stabilzers

I can just see it now, my 4 year old bombing down the road with her Barbie crash helmet and ape hanger handle bars
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

scan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chopper Crazy...

Originally Posted by Yosser
has anyone else noticed, the U.S has gone chopper bike crazy? theres OCC and West coast choppers on T.V, plus biker build off's.

I was surfin the websites for xmas pressies for the kids, now you can get a 'razor' chopper that does 15mph (for kids 12+) and a OCC - schwin push chopper style push bike....even a girls schwin blue chopper, complete with stabilzers

I can just see it now, my 4 year old bombing down the road with her Barbie crash helmet and ape hanger handle bars

Not just the U.S, see UK Discovery channel listing below.

American Chopper, Leno Bike 2
The crew prepare for the Leno Bike's debut on the Tonight Show. But when the parts return from the painter, the bike just won't fit together
Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:11 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scan
Not just the U.S, see UK Discovery channel listing below.

American Chopper, Leno Bike 2
The crew prepare for the Leno Bike's debut on the Tonight Show. But when the parts return from the painter, the bike just won't fit together
The "oh the parts won't get here in time or won't fit quandry..sp?" is getting a little old now every show there always out of time, but somehow still put it together at the last moment
Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

scan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yosser
The "oh the parts won't get here in time or won't fit quandry..sp?" is getting a little old now every show there always out of time, but somehow still put it together at the last moment

hmm... funny that.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a Yamaha R1 anyday!!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, give me an R1 or R6 over a chopper. But I do enjoy watching these shows. The OCC boys are coming to Tempe, AZ on the 6th and 7th of november. Unfortunately I'm going to be in Laughlin and Vegas over that weekend.

I did read recently, that American Chopper is one of the highest rated cable shows ever.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:07 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I agree, give me an R1 or R6 over a chopper. But I do enjoy watching these shows. The OCC boys are coming to Tempe, AZ on the 6th and 7th of november. Unfortunately I'm going to be in Laughlin and Vegas over that weekend.

I did read recently, that American Chopper is one of the highest rated cable shows ever.
R1 - is that a crotch rocket?

speaking of crotch rockets, sometime ago, I was commuting to work driving on the 635 around Dallas going westbound, on the eastbound side there were some biker kids, one of them was doing a one handed, one legged wheelie, whilst flipping us off, the most impressive part was that he kept this trick going for over a mile :scared: so of course no police were about, the only time I ever see them is when there behind me for going 5 over with the blue lights flashing! typical
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is a crotch rocket. I think its 1000cc and they also make an R6 which is 600cc. I have never ridden either but they look real smooth. I am a Yamaha man. I dislike Honda's I had one and it was real unreliable, my Yams were good. I did ride my friends RZ500 I think they are called here and got that up to 130mph!!! It was capable of much more.
I find the programs interesting to as I find the constuction interesting but I am not a fan of that kind of bike or Harleys at all.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mad Max7
Yes it is a crotch rocket. I think its 1000cc and they also make an R6 which is 600cc. I have never ridden either but they look real smooth. I am a Yamaha man. I dislike Honda's I had one and it was real unreliable, my Yams were good. I did ride my friends RZ500 I think they are called here and got that up to 130mph!!! It was capable of much more.
I find the programs interesting to as I find the constuction interesting but I am not a fan of that kind of bike or Harleys at all.
Please. Hondas are great bikes. My VFR750 has gone twice cross country with me. Yams are great too. In fact, you can't go wrong from Japan these days.

The R1 is a very nice bike but should only be ridden by those with experience. I like the Euro idea of graduated liscensing.