British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Chocie Bars from Blighty? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/chocie-bars-blighty-426152/)

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 1:28 am

Chocie Bars from Blighty?

http://www.candydirect.com

this is a fun site, with some really random candy bars. they seem to be sold by the case....yummoooo...
bob wants to know what would you all buy?

Jerseygirl Feb 13th 2007 1:36 am

Re: Chocie Bars from Blighty?

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4395918)

this is a fun site, with some really random candy bars. they seem to be sold by the case....yummoooo...

Isn't that just typical of our Bob....he's gonna send us all Valentines pressies. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thanks Bob...anything Cadbury's for me....just in case I've not mentioned my favourite choccies before. ;)

cabritpop Feb 13th 2007 1:40 am

Galaxy bars.:thumbup:

Circus Peanuts are good too but I quit them a long time ago.

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4395931)
Isn't that just typical of our Bob....he's gonna send us all Valentines pressies. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thanks Bob...anything Cadbury's for me....just in case I've not mentioned my favourite choccies before. ;)

he's laughing menichally *lol*
I need to get something first *l* and since it's been four years since I've gotten a valentine's day I'm over due *lol*

Jerseygirl Feb 13th 2007 1:49 am

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4395942)
he's laughing menichally *lol*
I need to get something first *l* and since it's been four years since I've gotten a valentine's day I'm over due *lol*

I'm sure he'll make up for it Wednesday night...you lucky gal you. ;)

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 1:50 am

Originally Posted by cabritpop (Post 4395940)
Galaxy bars.:thumbup:

Circus Peanuts are good too but I quit them a long time ago.

I remember those things *lol* i never got into them just because of texture issues but the next door neighbour always had them and i found them so intriguing to touch *lol*

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4395969)
I'm sure he'll make up for it Wednesday night...you lucky gal you. ;)

i hope so *lol* ;)

cabritpop Feb 13th 2007 2:02 am

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4395971)
I remember those things *lol* i never got into them just because of texture issues but the next door neighbour always had them and i found them so intriguing to touch *lol*

If you put one in the microwave they grow to about 5 times the size:D , yes I was bored.

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 2:05 am

Originally Posted by cabritpop (Post 4395997)
If you put one in the microwave they grow to about 5 times the size:D , yes I was bored.

sounds like you had a bit of time to kill on your hands *l*

ukmumsie Feb 13th 2007 2:06 am

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4395918)

Ditto about Cadburys especially Curly Wurlies and Buttons. Ordering 2 dozen at a time is sooo dangerous! I have no will power:)

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 2:09 am

Originally Posted by ukmumsie (Post 4396010)
Ditto about Cadburys especially Curly Wurlies and Buttons. Ordering 2 dozen at a time is sooo dangerous! I have no will power:)

i was eying up the mint aero bars...though my goal is to loose about 10 pounds on my toosh by june not add it on *lol*

Bob Feb 13th 2007 2:11 am

curly wurly, turkish delights, jelly babies...those were my first searches...

ukmumsie Feb 13th 2007 2:13 am

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4396015)
i was eying up the mint aero bars...though my goal is to loose about 10 pounds on my toosh by june not add it on *lol*

I am aiming for a lot more than that before going home in July:) I love food too much though! and wine, beer etc etc:D

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 2:15 am

Originally Posted by ukmumsie (Post 4396030)
I am aiming for a lot more than that before going home in July:) I love food too much though! and wine, beer etc etc:D

well i've got my high school reunion in June so I want to get sort of inshape..I'll never be down to the weight I was when I graduated from high school...but something a little skinnier than I am now would be nice *lol*

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4396023)
curly wurly, turkish delights, jelly babies...those were my first searches...

hmmm....could it be a box of curly wurlies that is sitting in my sewing room for your birthday??? ;)

TouristTrap Feb 13th 2007 10:17 am

Aero MInt..yummy! The local Indian sells them at a great price...b***stds....

marriedtothemod Feb 13th 2007 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap (Post 4397024)

the local stop and shop sells them but it's 2 for $3 for the little small bars

uktoamerica Feb 13th 2007 9:20 pm

My local World Market has bucket loads of Double Deckers and big Buttons... personally, that is all I care about. Although I do love a good curly wurlie :)

Irn-bru Feb 13th 2007 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap (Post 4397024)

I love them, I also like crumbling them on top of the cream on my pavlova. And an after eight in each slice as a decoration.
Think thats my fav type of Pavlova but a raspberry and cinnamon, and a lemon curd are very close runners up!

marriedtothemod Feb 14th 2007 12:24 am

Originally Posted by uktoamerica (Post 4399512)
My local World Market has bucket loads of Double Deckers and big Buttons... personally, that is all I care about. Although I do love a good curly wurlie :)

what's a double decker?

Jerseygirl Feb 14th 2007 12:31 am

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4400107)
what's a double decker?

It's one of my favourites. The base is made of crispies and chocolate...topped with soft nougat...all covered in delicious Cadbury's chocolate.

Irn-bru Feb 14th 2007 12:32 am

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4400107)
what's a double decker?

yummy chocolate bar :)

http://www.handycandy.co.uk/cadburys...ker-p-468.html

Jerseygirl Feb 14th 2007 12:37 am

Originally Posted by irnbru4u (Post 4400129)

They are not as good as they used to be IMHO. The base used to be made of cornflakes...which tasted better. The chocolate doesn't taste like proper English Cadbury's. I've noticed the bars have Arabic writing on the back of the wrapper...bars like that used to be for export only...that would account for the chocolate tasting different.:(

Irn-bru Feb 14th 2007 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4400138)
They are not as good as they used to be IMHO. The base used to be made of cornflakes...which tasted better. The chocolate doesn't taste like proper English Cadbury's. I've noticed the bars have Arabic writing on the back of the wrapper...bars like that used to be for export only...that would account for the chocolate tasting different.:(

Only came to them recently, OH brought back some from the UK and had one at Christmas and I enjoyed it, don't know what the old ones were like though.

Jerseygirl Feb 14th 2007 1:10 am

Originally Posted by irnbru4u (Post 4400145)
Only came to them recently, OH brought back some from the UK and had one at Christmas and I enjoyed it, don't know what the old ones were like though.

The've been available for years...maybe 20 or so. They've only changed in taste recently...perhaps within the last 6 months. :(

marriedtothemod Feb 14th 2007 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4400125)
It's one of my favourites. The base is made of crispies and chocolate...topped with soft nougat...all covered in delicious Cadbury's chocolate.

ooohhh that does sound lovely :)

marriedtothemod Feb 14th 2007 1:33 am

Originally Posted by irnbru4u (Post 4400145)

I love smarties, an oldie but goodie :)

Wildandcrazy0525 Feb 16th 2007 2:19 am

I must be spoiled.. The wife went ot the British store in Wilmington for Valentines for me, got me a big box off Bert Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts, a curly wirly bar, 2 Mars Bars, 2 Dairy Milk bars and a Yorkie bar...... I'm in heaven and no I ain't sharing!

Although I am taking orders for the trip in March, will be the first time I've been back since I came over 4 years ago.

I nearly lost the curly wirly bar though when I gae her a bite... although I did limit her to 1 bite lol.. yeah I'm mean :)

Jerseygirl Feb 16th 2007 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525 (Post 4410314)
I must be spoiled.. The wife went ot the British store in Wilmington for Valentines for me, got me a big box off Bert Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts, a curly wirly bar, 2 Mars Bars, 2 Dairy Milk bars and a Yorkie bar...... I'm in heaven and no I ain't sharing!

Although I am taking orders for the trip in March, will be the first time I've been back since I came over 4 years ago.

I nearly lost the curly wirly bar though when I gae her a bite... although I did limit her to 1 bite lol.. yeah I'm mean :)

That's what I call true love. Her buying you British sweets and you sharing them. :)

My hubby only gets the ones I don't like. ;)

Wildandcrazy0525 Feb 16th 2007 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4410320)
That's what I call true love. Her buying you British sweets and you sharing them. :)

My hubby only gets the ones I don't like. ;)

should have seen the look on my face when I thought I was't going to get it back, was like a kid that just had his toys taken away from him.

Jerseygirl Feb 16th 2007 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525 (Post 4410345)
should have seen the look on my face when I thought I was't going to get it back, was like a kid that just had his toys taken away from him.

Don't forget to take an empty suitcase with you to stuff with British goodies. ;)

ukmumsie Feb 18th 2007 5:27 pm

Just to say, I am munching down on a Curly Wurlie right now:D I have a Cadbury's fudge bar too but I will keep consumption of that to myself;)

TouristTrap Feb 18th 2007 7:33 pm

One of my fav chocs back home was Cadbury's Milky Bar - white chocolate and delicious. Imagine my surprise when I was at my local Indian store and they have one called Dream Bar..it is the same one!.....b**strds again!

marriedtothemod Feb 19th 2007 10:18 pm

we have a british goods store 25 minutes or so away but do you think I can get grumpy gus to go??? nooo...and i'm not even the british one *lol*

TouristTrap Feb 19th 2007 11:09 pm

Maybe over the summer when he's learned his way around without having to rely on you for directions? :lol: :rofl:

Sarah Feb 19th 2007 11:12 pm

ANyone remember Star Bars? THey were peanut and chocolate bars, I loved 'em and coconut boost bars, they were gorgeous as well. THey stopped making them though I think .

marriedtothemod Feb 19th 2007 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap (Post 4424036)
Maybe over the summer when he's learned his way around without having to rely on you for directions? :lol: :rofl:

well actually it shouldn't matter because we have a gps :rofl:

Bob Feb 20th 2007 12:03 am

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod (Post 4423859)
we have a british goods store 25 minutes or so away but do you think I can get grumpy gus to go??? nooo...and i'm not even the british one *lol*

think of the parking dear...I'm the one that'll have to park...and you'd have to put up with it :D

Paul S Feb 20th 2007 12:31 am

do they deliver?????:rofl: :rofl: :p

marriedtothemod Feb 20th 2007 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4424209)
think of the parking dear...I'm the one that'll have to park...and you'd have to put up with it :D

ahhh but you don't know what the parking is like there now do you :p