Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Children And Long Haul Flights!

Wikiposts

Children And Long Haul Flights!

Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:32 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Children And Long Haul Flights!

Originally Posted by Bob
depends on the airline....BA and Virgin are usually pretty good about letting the brats on first and the like...good luck

pisses me off when you've paid a lot for a seat up front only to have screaming kids next to you ...feel sorry for those punters
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:42 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
pisses me off when you've paid a lot for a seat up front only to have screaming kids next to you ...feel sorry for those punters
To be honest I've found more adults cause problems than any children.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
been stuck on a runway for 30 odd mins because a kid wouldn't put his seat belt on really ticked me off, wanted to slap the mother...the kid was about 8 or so, so shouldnt' have been a problem...pilot wasn't going to move the plan without everyone buckled up...but on the whole, kids, when to small to talk usually aren't bad, it's the brats in between that need dunking into the blue goop of the loo
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:14 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Long haul from where? The UK?
Going for a visit anywhere with kids is surely not much of a visit because you'll spend so much time keeping an eye on them and keeping them amused.
How can he ... he is going to visit his true love ... he might on the spur of the moment get married .....
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

wtf????? you were a kid once too..

A friend of mine was travelling with his two kids and the guy next to them was moaning to the air hostess about their so called bad behaviour and asked to be moved into business..he was left where he was and the friend and two kids were moved. The guy was furious..tosser.

To the OP.. I travel with my three year old on a regualr basis and its a piece of cake, I only travel with BA and have always found them to be very helpful, they always make sure I get his stroller as soon as I get off etc..I think most airlines always board families with kids first. Explain your situation when you check in and you'll be fine. I always pack plenty of snacks and games, jigsaw puzzles, books etc but I've found that he just loves to sit and watch the movies with his headphones on.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodsey

. I always pack plenty of snacks and games, jigsaw puzzles, books etc but I've found that he just loves to sit and watch the movies with his headphones on.

not everyone is as considerate as you...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
How can he ... he is going to visit his true love ... he might on the spur of the moment get married .....
That being the case, he's got bigger issues. i.e. I hope he's got sole legal custody of those kids since he might be moving to another country.

NC Penguin
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Derbys12
or it it just plane madness

well as a mum of multiples myself I would say definitely not a good idea, just take the 7 year old if you can. You (and probably those around you) will be totally frazzled by the time you arrive. All the best.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I have to agree with you there.....
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
been stuck on a runway for 30 odd mins because a kid wouldn't put his seat belt on really ticked me off, wanted to slap the mother...the kid was about 8 or so, so shouldnt' have been a problem...pilot wasn't going to move the plan without everyone buckled up...but on the whole, kids, when to small to talk usually aren't bad, it's the brats in between that need dunking into the blue goop of the loo
I blame the parents.....if they had control of said "brats" the "brats" wouldn't act like that.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

If I had to imagine I would say you are one of those people who reclines their chairs all the way back invading the poor person behind space.

Do you know that for a child over 2, parents pay almost as much as an adult fare. As the OP said, you were a child once and children have a right to fly just as much as you do. The people who complain are the ones who don't have children themselves and therefore have no idea!

To the original poster, I have flown on numerous occasions by myself with my two children. Airlines will usually let you board first after first but other than that usually do not really help you too much. I've been very lucky with other, kind passengers watching one while I take the other to the toilet. Trust me there are nice passengers out there that are willing to help.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bromleygirl
If I had to imagine I would say you are one of those people who reclines their chairs all the way back invading the poor person behind space.

lol sorry to disappoint but no such luck for me to even have a passenger seat front or back.....i was merely commenting from the experience and observation i have had as a trolley dolly for some 20 yrs
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Of course children have the right to fly.....in a seperate container carried under the wing
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

lol sorry to disappoint but no such luck for me to even have a passenger seat front or back.....i was merely commenting from the experience and observation i have had as a trolley dolly for some 20 yrs
Have to say, when we flew over to the US from Heathrow with BA most of the BA staff were a$$holes. Most of us were seated in the row but one from the very back of the plane. The row behind was being used by the cabin crew as rest/sleeping area. Everytime our 2 year old made a sound the biNT behind kicked my husband in the back, I could have punched her bleeding lights out by the time we landed.

Annette
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:04 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bromleygirl

Do you know that for a child over 2, parents pay almost as much as an adult fare. As the OP said, you were a child once and children have a right to fly just as much as you do. The people who complain are the ones who don't have children themselves and therefore have no idea!

To the original poster, I have flown on numerous occasions by myself with my two children. Airlines will usually let you board first after first but other than that usually do not really help you too much. I've been very lucky with other, kind passengers watching one while I take the other to the toilet. Trust me there are nice passengers out there that are willing to help.
If an adult disrupted a flight like I've seen some kids do they would be arrested as soon as it lands so in my opinion if kids misbehave on a flight the parents should be arrested.
Why should other people have to put up with someone else's kids screaming in their ears for 8 hours (especially kids old enough to know better ie over the age of 5) ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.