Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chicago - whats it like living there?

Chicago - whats it like living there?

Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chicago - whats it like living there?

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
True. Unfortunately beaches do not make for nice day to day living.
I hardly have time to get to them anyway; we're still looking at moving to northen Florida, just have to finish some things down here first.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I hardly have time to get to them anyway; we're still looking at moving to northen Florida, just have to finish some things down here first.
Gainsville is ok. Long way to the beach mind you.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Gainsville is ok. Long way to the beach mind you.
Tampa was another option too, but I haven't visited it yet.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Tampa was another option too, but I haven't visited it yet.
One word. Metropolis. Not quite so bad as Miami Metro.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One word. Metropolis. Not quite so bad as Miami Metro.
That's what I'm worried about, moving to aplace which in a few years is going to be exactly the same.

I thinkg I'd probably have to move out of Florida to get away from that though.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

That's what I'm worried about, moving to aplace which in a few years is going to be exactly the same.

I thinkg I'd probably have to move out of Florida to get away from that though.
Hmm well the population has nearly doubled here in Ocala since we moved here last year. Theres a nother 1500 homes going up on a what was a field behind us as we speak.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmm well the population has nearly doubled here in Ocala since we moved here last year. Theres a nother 1500 homes going up on a what was a field behind us as we speak.
My wife's uncles just bought a load of land there; the MIL is trying to persuade him to give her an acre or two. If that happens we'll probably all end up there.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

My wife's uncles just bought a load of land there; the MIL is trying to persuade him to give her an acre or two. If that happens we'll probably all end up there.
Whereabouts? Theres some good areas and some really bad ones.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Whereabouts? Theres some good areas and some really bad ones.
I have no idea... it was a ranch apparently; quite large from what I can gather.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

I have no idea... it was a ranch apparently; quite large from what I can gather.
OK. Just be wary some land has been sold to out of towners here thats basically swamps in the middle of nowhere.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK. Just be wary some land has been sold to out of towners here thats basically swamps in the middle of nowhere.
Lol, I bet they never actually saw the land, they probably just thought Florida land = $$$.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:23 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty impressive thread hijacking there, chaps! LOL
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Maz
Pretty impressive thread hijacking there, chaps! LOL
Sorry OP

Chicago... nice there ain't it...
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

Lol, I bet they never actually saw the land, they probably just thought Florida land = $$$.
LOL yup....Kerching! The locals that sold said swamps werent complaining apparently.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:27 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry OP

Chicago... nice there ain't it...
LOL! *nosewater*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.