Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chewing tobacco

Chewing tobacco

Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:56 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chewing tobacco

I had the unpleasant experience of spending time with someone yesterday who was chewing tobacco To say it was disgusting was an understatement, and to make matters worse he found it highly amusing that I was so offended by it
So guys, would ya? could ya? have ya?
Please tell me this is a habit that us brits would never pick up :scared:
Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:59 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chewing tobacco

Originally Posted by robskatie
I had the unpleasant experience of spending time with someone yesterday who was chewing tobacco To say it was disgusting was an understatement, and to make matters worse he found it highly amusing that I was so offended by it
I smoke ( I know ... bad enough ) but wouldn't do that. Would be like chewing a cigarette. They used to sell Skoal Bandits ( I Think that's what they are called ) which were like teabags of tobacco - I guess chewing tobacco for wimps, and I'm sure they were banned in the UK shortly afterwards, but may be wrong.

Paul.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:16 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

They chew tobacco to get the taste of Mcdonalds out of their mouths
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Never in a million years!

It's a major cause of facial cancer, and, is a big thing to do for Baseball Players. When you see a player's bottom lip protuding about 3" from his teeth, you can bet he has a boat load of chewing tobacco stuck in there (look at Sammy Sosa for example).

Jim.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:33 pm
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

we lived in west virginia for a while......big time chewers there..The worst thing about chewing is what to do with the spit... :scared: Makes me feel sick just thinking about it...
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:40 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skybluesue
we lived in west virginia for a while......big time chewers there..The worst thing about chewing is what to do with the spit... :scared: Makes me feel sick just thinking about it...
That was what grossed me out, ughh
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:40 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
They chew tobacco to get the taste of Mcdonalds out of their mouths
Already started my stopwatch to see when Patrick H tries to flame you again for this one
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

omg i hate it almost as bad as them chewing their gum with their gobs open..lol first time yrs ago we went to visit an uncle of my hubby's and i wondered what he was doing chewing then spitting into this thing...it was gross then my hubby told me later what it was...revolting like most of their habits :scared:
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:56 pm
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

That was what grossed me out, ughh
OH came home from work one day fuming...someone had spat into his waste paper basket...he found the culprit and threatened to *knock his block off* if he did it again, he also found it strange that OH was offended...
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:51 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I tried it once, when very, very drunk. I quit smoking when I moved so god alone knows why I tried it (peer pressure probably ). It was $#%@ing horrible and it lasted about 4 seconds before I threw up

Another thing on the list of "yeah I've done that, never again though" I suppose
Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Its ace - makes you go green and throw up!!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Big D
Its ace - makes you go green and throw up!!
And that's only by watching!!!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Gross disgusting habit. Worse then people sticking suff up their noses.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frrussre
Gross disgusting habit. Worse then people sticking suff up their noses.
Reg. Frank R.
lol maybe that's where they can pack it... right up their nose when they've finished chewing it...
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol maybe that's where they can pack it... right up their nose when they've finished chewing it...
Excellent idea. Maybe we could get the makers to place the instructions on the tin.
Reg. Frank R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.