Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

cheap usa flights websites please?

cheap usa flights websites please?

Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

clairebear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheap usa flights websites please?

hiya going to usa next year for three months im looking for trustworthy sites i can book through got 400 pounds to spend on it... 28feb to 21may 2007

flying from glasgow , scotland to kansas city , missouri

continental airlines if possible lol

anyone?

ebookers i've looked at but was told they screw up...
Old Dec 16th 2006, 1:16 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheap usa flights websites please?

Originally Posted by clairebear
hiya going to usa next year for three months im looking for trustworthy sites i can book through got 400 pounds to spend on it... 28feb to 21may 2007

flying from glasgow , scotland to kansas city , missouri

continental airlines if possible lol

anyone?

ebookers i've looked at but was told they screw up...

cheapflights.co.uk
priceline.co.uk
opodo.co.uk
flightcentre.co.uk
Old Dec 16th 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sarah
cheapflights.co.uk
priceline.co.uk
opodo.co.uk
flightcentre.co.uk

thank you!!
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

quite a few others like kayak as well, but they've all been posted loads before, so a quick search should probably pull them up
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Another to try Dialaflight.com. Have used them, very dependable with good prices.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Bob- thanking you for advice will do that...dunno WHY i didnt think of that before!

Dogbyte- thanking you also for info

i was on ebookers.com one week ago they were ordering 388 pounds total its now 408pounds lol i bet if i wait and check again it'll go back down.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Bob- thanking you for advice will do that...dunno WHY i didnt think of that before!

Dogbyte- thanking you also for info

i was on ebookers.com one week ago they were ordering 388 pounds total its now 408pounds lol i bet if i wait and check again it'll go back down.
Use a site like ebookers.com to find the lowest prices, then visit the airline's website and see if they will beat the quoted price if you book directly with them. Saved me $70 dollars. Most airlines have a policy that they will restitute the difference between their own price and ebooker's for example, and even offer you extra money or credit for your next flight. I know for one that Continental does that.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

now that i'm home...

http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

check that, it's pretty good for advice on priceline type sites...

http://www.seatguru.com/ and that's just a handy site in general

edit to add: if you find a good deal at an airport that's not your local, check out spirit - http://www.spiritair.com/ for cheap internal flights, they fly around north americas.

Last edited by Bob; Dec 17th 2006 at 2:09 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys you've all been dead helpful

Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Toontje
Use a site like ebookers.com to find the lowest prices, then visit the airline's website and see if they will beat the quoted price if you book directly with them. Saved me $70 dollars. Most airlines have a policy that they will restitute the difference between their own price and ebooker's for example, and even offer you extra money or credit for your next flight. I know for one that Continental does that.
Ok i would like to try that how would i go about doing that?
Old Dec 18th 2006, 3:31 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I used to always use this one from the UK:

http://www.airline-network.co.uk/
Old Dec 18th 2006, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Ok i would like to try that how would i go about doing that?
Suppose you're looking for a flight from New York (JFK) to London Heathrow. You find a flight on ebookers for $700 with United Airlines. You then visit the website of United and see if you can find that same flight for less money. If that same flight will cost you more on www.united.com, see if they have a policy that will refund you the difference and maybe even some extra money.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys

£389 continental . com cheapest so far
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys

£389 continental . com cheapest so far

I always book direct with Continental...its the only airline from Newark to Manchester. You can book your seat at the time of booking and check in on line 24 hrs before your flight.

Is 389 GBP inclusive of taxes etc...if not it could be another $100 or so.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I always book direct with Continental...its the only airline from Newark to Manchester. You can book your seat at the time of booking and check in on line 24 hrs before your flight.

Is 389 GBP inclusive of taxes etc...if not it could be another $100 or so.

thats final

Price Details:
1 Adults (age 18 to 64) 320.00 GBP
Additional Taxes/Fees 78.80 GBP
Total Price 398.80 GBP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.