Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chartis / AIG Travelguard

Chartis / AIG Travelguard

Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Desinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud of
Default Chartis / AIG Travelguard

Hi All,
I am about to spend the $400 and apply for Chartis / AIG travelguard which some other contributors speak highly of. I am hoping for a route to a credit card, even a secured one as well as discounts on car and renters insurance once we reach Florida in July. Any recent experiences of the service welcome. I will feedback once I am up and running, unless you advise me not to! Thanks,

ps applied for electric and water to be connected to my house as actually take the lease on in May even though we dont move out until July - wanted the house so bit the bullet by paying for 6 weeks we dont need, ouch. Overall deposits were more than a thousand dollars and they needed copies of passports and visas - not a problem, just interesting!
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Desinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chartis / AIG Travelguard

Update - applied - they needed copies of passport and visa, done same day and just had all the info through and an introductory phone call going through their services. Perhaps they are talking it up (hope not) and i know some other members have said positive things about their services but they say they do take UK driving history into account for car insurance and they work with HSBC which provides a special service for expats through them for obtaining a credit card on arrival into the US (even before an SSN is obtained) which I am hoping to bag to get my US credit history moving forward. Lots of other goodies too. House insurance etc. Will let you know how I get on but any recent experiences from others using this service would be of interest please.
http://www.travelguardworldwide.com
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desinflorida
Update - applied - they needed copies of passport and visa, done same day and just had all the info through and an introductory phone call going through their services. Perhaps they are talking it up (hope not) and i know some other members have said positive things about their services but they say they do take UK driving history into account for car insurance and they work with HSBC which provides a special service for expats through them for obtaining a credit card on arrival into the US (even before an SSN is obtained) which I am hoping to bag to get my US credit history moving forward. Lots of other goodies too. House insurance etc. Will let you know how I get on but any recent experiences from others using this service would be of interest please.
http://www.travelguardworldwide.com
I'd be very interested to find out how you get on. We're not moving just yet, but I did email them for details and have the application form. Had an offer on the house today so it might be very soon!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all

I have posted a few times about them on this website over the past month. Exceeded all my expectations, got an HSBC credit card issued before I moved from UK, very cheap car insurance based on my UK record (cheaper than I could get for insurance on a car in the UK!) and other services such as renters insurance, Citibank tie up. Best $400 you will spend.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EricK
I have posted a few times about them on this website over the past month. Exceeded all my expectations, got an HSBC credit card issued before I moved from UK, very cheap car insurance based on my UK record (cheaper than I could get for insurance on a car in the UK!) and other services such as renters insurance, Citibank tie up. Best $400 you will spend.
Thanks EricK..... Last week at work in the UK next week, so I may apply whilst I can still list an employer! We'll be here for another month or so yet, so it might be a good idea to put all that stuff in place before we leave.
Old May 12th 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Just thought some of you would like an update. I am in the final throws of taking out renters insurance through Chartis, expensive compared with UK (actually almost the same as my UK building and contents) but cheaper than one other quote I had and perhaps I have upped the cover to an ott level as I am risk averse (although this practice will likely cost me a packet if i continue in this vein!). As some of you have said the customer service is excellent. I am now onto car insurance. Piece by piece the jobs are getting done and I am more than impressed so far with my USD400 spend.
Old May 25th 2010, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Vinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really nice

Hiya. I've clicked on the linnk above but where's the part about the $400 to join etc.. Am I missing something really obvious here?
Old May 25th 2010, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Try this

http://www.aig.com/inbound-united-st..._20_15807.html
Old May 25th 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Vinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really nice

Originally Posted by Desinflorida
Ah excellent. I will save this URL for when I am over then. So $400 as a member and then hopefully some savings .....
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

moving2nyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

The link http://www.aig.com/inbound-united-st..._20_15807.html no longer works??

I'm interested as I will be getting a car in the next couple of weeks and need insurance

Cheers