Reload this Page >

Changing from English to American schools

Changing from English to American schools

Old Dec 16th 2006, 9:16 am
Just Joined

meb 64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing from English to American schools

Hi there

My family and I are about to move to New England- probably New Hampshire. I'm American, but I've lived in England for nearly 20 years now. My husband is English and we have 3 kids, aged 11, 9 and 5 (who are all very English). What I'd like to know- is there anyone out there who has had experience with changing school systems- from English to American. We are planning on sending them to public schools (they look pretty good in the seacoast region of NH). Anyone with any thoughts on the whole education thing? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Mary

Last edited by Sue; Jan 3rd 2007 at 1:02 am. Reason: Moved from 'Meet and Greet'
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing from English to American schools

Welcome to BE

This is the meet and greet side of the forum, post in the life style section and you'll get more response, but have a read of a few of the threads already on the subject, there's one that is quite recent, couple of weeks ago, about the hassle of getting transcripts sorted and the like.

As for schools in NH, wouldn't have a clue....but nice part of the country, tax free sales and income....car insurance and property tax though are through the roof.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:41 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing from English to American schools

Welcome to BE!