Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

CFGNS nursing transcript for RN

CFGNS nursing transcript for RN

Old Jul 13th 2023, 11:03 am
Just Joined

golbut84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CFGNS nursing transcript for RN

Hi, i am in the process to get license as a qualified nurse in Massachusetts. Today CFGNS completed my transcript proccess. However when I read that my UK university stated " their curriculum not being designed to provide such information" regarding my practice and theory hours in particular fields (adult, pediatric, mental health etc.) . Now i am stressing that the board of nursing wont accept my application based on my university response.
Has anyone had similar problem? Does your University provided details hours regarding practice and theory?
Thank you for replies
Old Jul 13th 2023, 3:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CFGNS nursing transcript for RN

As I understand it (I am not a nurse) , the usual nurse training program in the UK does not provide the experience in the four separate areas required to qualify as a nurse in the US, so a nurse trained and qualified in the UK cannot in many/ most cases apply, submit transcripts, and automatically get licensed as a nurse in the US.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 13th 2023 at 5:28 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2023, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

porkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond repute

You might need to call up your University to ensure they provide an adequate record of what you have done. Your credentials should be ok but you will still need to take the CGFNS exam exam/assessment and then the MA NCLEX. If CGFNS don't accept your credentials you may need to take extra course(s)
Old Jul 24th 2023, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Scott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
As I understand it (I am not a nurse) , the usual nurse training program in the UK does not provide the experience in the four separate areas required to qualify as a nurse in the US, so a nurse trained and qualified in the UK cannot in many/ most cases apply, submit transcripts, and automatically get licensed as a nurse in the US.
I agree with the above. I am a nurse, but did all my training on the US side in 2002-ish.

UK - US nurses need to provide transcripts showing didactic AND clinical hours in adult, paeds, learning disabilities, and MH. Therefore, there are usually some top-up courses required for reciprocity. US nurses are educated in all 4 disciplines, and are able to work in any of them when they pass the NCLEX. The NCLEX itself is also based - randomly - on any and all of the above disciplines. Not so with UK-trained nurses who specialize from the outset.

It's not neccesarily a hard stop, but it will require some leg work. Have a look in the archives of "silverdragon102' who has made many posts on your subject matter.

Last edited by Scott33; Jul 24th 2023 at 7:31 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2023, 9:31 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

My UK transcripts were pretty detailed many years ago, and showed I was lacking any OB/GYN experience and my hours were too low in Pharmacology, so had to sign up to the local junior college nursing program and complete these two areas. It all took less than a year to complete, then state board exams and off I went. I never got around to doing the NCLEX as we were not moving state so only needed a single state licensing.
There's no way they don't have detailed transcripts, you couldn't have finished without completing the required hours. Keep pushing to get what you need. I'm pretty sure you could list all the dates of each rotation and what the specialty was. Maybe give the UK Uni this info so they can put together your transcripts.
Old Aug 8th 2023, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Victoriagtf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I’m a U.K. nurse licensed in Massachusetts. My training in 95-98 was adequate and I did not need to complete any further training (just sit NCLEX). I did use a nursing agency to complete the process though. I guess it depends on when you trained perhaps? My university provided a full and detailed transcript.

Good luck!
Old Feb 29th 2024, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Leoni34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
i have received same thing about my university did you manage to get anything sorted or did you get your license?
any help would be appreciated.

thanks
leoni