Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

cell phones in the US

Wikiposts

cell phones in the US

Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice
Default Re: cell phones in the US

Originally Posted by katnap8
We'll be living in Roseville (near Sacramento) to start off but then hopefully Burlingame or San Mateo. We're thinking of taking our phones from here over there but unlocking them first. The phones are 3G.

We're currently in Middlesbrough, husband is from here, I'm the American in the relationship
Hello
Welcome to the forums, we moved from Maidenhead, Berkshire to Burlingame CA in November last year - loving it here Still using our UK cells for now, my contract runs out in August, and hubbies in May 2011!! Our friend had an iphone on AT&T but the reception in the city was rubbish, so he returned it and cancelled the contract. Hubbie now wants the google phone but think its only available on tmobile.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:23 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlou145
Hello
Welcome to the forums, we moved from Maidenhead, Berkshire to Burlingame CA in November last year - loving it here Still using our UK cells for now, my contract runs out in August, and hubbies in May 2011!! Our friend had an iphone on AT&T but the reception in the city was rubbish, so he returned it and cancelled the contract. Hubbie now wants the google phone but think its only available on tmobile.
I have a T.MOBILE BB and its terrible in San Fran loses reception all the time, the only time I lose AT&T is in San Bruno area for some weird reason. (Thats my private cell)
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlou145
Hello
e reception in the city was rubbish, so he returned it and cancelled the contract. Hubbie now wants the google phone but think its only available on tmobile.
Google sells the phone -- $529 without any contract and $179 with the T-mobile contract. They say Verizon is on the way. A friend just bought two Nexus One instruments while visiting the US since they cost over $1000 in the country where he lives.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Google sells the phone -- $529 without any contract and $179 with the T-mobile contract. They say Verizon is on the way. A friend just bought two Nexus One instruments while visiting the US since they cost over $1000 in the country where he lives.
bit late now, but anyone pre-registering to go to the GDC in March would have been given one free...but then GDC passes were around $550