Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Old May 29th 2006, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Originally Posted by blaze
We did (well you really! ) make a positive out of a negative, we do have a lovely slob club now thanks to his comments. Can you cut him an itsy bitsy little bit of slack? Of course ma'am, as president of the slob club this would be totally up to you and I bow to your better judgement!

Certainly not. What are you all thinking of......he insulted us......did a bit of brown nosing and all is forgiven. I don't think so. Apology first.
Old May 29th 2006, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Certainly not. What are you all thinking of......he insulted us......did a bit of brown nosing and all is forgiven. I don't think so. Apology first.
Oh yes...he must grovel first...good'n'proper
Old May 29th 2006, 9:13 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ma'am, then he must apologise immediately!
Old May 29th 2006, 9:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ma'am, then he must apologise immediately!
Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I take exception to newbies who start insulting us for no good reason. He can brown nose all he likes but he has to apologise before I will respond to any of his posts.
Old May 29th 2006, 9:22 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I take exception to newbies who start insulting us for no good reason. He can brown nose all he likes but he has to apologise before I will respond to any of his posts.

I was so cautious when I first started posting on BE, I was always scared that I was going to offend someone. I still am cautious (but I'm up for a little fight now and again!)
Old May 29th 2006, 9:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I was so cautious when I first started posting on BE, I was always scared that I was going to offend someone. I still am cautious (but I'm up for a little fight now and again!)
Me too. I try not to offend people and try not to get into arguments. I come onto this forum to make friends, not to annoy people. I enjoy the banter and humour that goes on here. Regulars often say things that can be construed by a newbie as insulting, but we know that it's just our way of having a bit of fun. IMHO his comments came right out of nowhere, for no good reason. I don't like people that are rude to my friends or me.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:16 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter21
We live about a half hours drive south in Iowa City. A great university town that often appears in top ten lists of best places to live. Iowa has low housing costs, not much traffic, terrific schools and people that are super.
Yeah, but it's a bit far to the beach, and the weather's crap.