CCW Permit

Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice
Default CCW Permit

Hi Im a lpr and live in Florida. I have just applied for my ccw (concealed carry weapons permit) and just wondered if anybody else has bothered to get one. If so will you carry and what will you carry

Regards

Alan
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of
Default Re: CCW Permit

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
Hi Im a lpr and live in Florida. I have just applied for my ccw (concealed carry weapons permit) and just wondered if anybody else has bothered to get one. If so will you carry and what will you carry

Regards

Alan
Hello ,
I carry a Springfield XD 40 s&W or CZ-75 9 mm. I carry a concealed weapon

when I go hunting and almost everyday on the farm against predators.

Usually I don't carry my gun concealed but it easier to navigate within the legal boundaries of carrying a hand gun.

Actually I prefer the Springfield XD over the XDM because of the handling.

Don't like Glock

Kind Regards
CCR

Kind Regards
CCR
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

kinggreene is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just got my concealed permit here in pittsburgh and intend to get a glock 23 next week, hopefully a OD green one. i had no problems getting it other than having to have 3 months utility bills, 3 of the same type that is, it doesnt say that on the pa website but thats what they wanted, not an easy task in this paperless society but i do have them now and i just need to keep them all so that i always have the last 3 months.
colin
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kinggreene
i have just got my concealed permit here in pittsburgh and intend to get a glock 23 next week, hopefully a OD green one. i had no problems getting it other than having to have 3 months utility bills, 3 of the same type that is, it doesnt say that on the pa website but thats what they wanted, not an easy task in this paperless society but i do have them now and i just need to keep them all so that i always have the last 3 months.
colin
Talk with your dealer. They also accepting bank staements by the way.

Kind Regards
CCR
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not done so but was thinking of getting one.

I had a chat with the County Police Chief at Bingo last night!

Round here you are the odd one out not to have one.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:01 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kinggreene
colin
That was your NICS check - blame the Brady Bunch. If PA has a residency requirement for CHL that's > 3 months, your plastic will trump that, in future, when you buy from an FFL.

To answer the OP, quite a few of us on here carry. I carry a Bersa 9mm UC in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB, with Ruger LCP in a Desantis pocket holster as a BUG (or an only gun if I'm wearing tight pants). Others swear by other holsters, e.g. Ray's Downunders - it's all about what works best for you.

Edited to add - don't get a Glock, FFS.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:09 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

When I went they said I didn't need one. In fact they get pretty upset when I don't keep my penis zipped up.

Last edited by tonrob; Feb 22nd 2010 at 6:21 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by chartreuse
That was your NICS check - blame the Brady Bunch. If PA has a residency requirement for CHL that's > 3 months, your plastic will trump that, in future, when you buy from an FFL.

To answer the OP, quite a few of us on here carry. I carry a Bersa 9mm UC in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB, with Ruger LCP in a Desantis pocket holster as a BUG (or an only gun if I'm wearing tight pants). Others swear by other holsters, e.g. Ray's Downunders - it's all about what works best for you.

Edited to add - don't get a Glock, FFS.
What is the ruger lcp l;ike as Ive heard tyhat it has feed problems with some hollow point ammo. Im thinking about getting one but believe yiou have to find an ammo that feedseliably. Im also thinking about getting a glock 30 45acp as a main carry weapon

Alan
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
What is the ruger lcp l;ike as Ive heard tyhat it has feed problems with some hollow point ammo. Im thinking about getting one but believe yiou have to find an ammo that feedseliably. Im also thinking about getting a glock 30 45acp as a main carry weapon
Everyone's got a story about how this or that semi-auto won't feed JHPs. FWIW, I can tell you from experience that the LCP reliably feeds both DRT and Hornady CD JHPs. It's a good gun.

If you're going to carry a .45, don't forget to buy bigger trousers. Seriously, with the gun and the IWB holster, you'll need an extra 2"-3" in the waistband.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I find this a really intersting thread. We have a Raven P25 pistol that my wife's ex got for her (which, by the way, she's never even fired). I find the slide action to be a bit crappy, but it's an inexpensive gun so I can't complain too much. I've actually been looking for something a bit better (read = newer, more reliable), so if anyone has a suggestion for a semi-automatic I'm open to just about anything in the $350-$500 range.

It's fairly easy to get a CCDW (carry concealed deadly weapon) permit in Kentucky. Most folks in this part of the country bypass the need for a CCDW by simply having 3 or 4 rifles/shotguns mounted on the back of their pickup and a few handguns in the glovebox! Ah, the joys of living in a small community!

Ian
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I find this a really intersting thread. We have a Raven P25 pistol that my wife's ex got for her (which, by the way, she's never even fired). I find the slide action to be a bit crappy, but it's an inexpensive gun so I can't complain too much. I've actually been looking for something a bit better (read = newer, more reliable), so if anyone has a suggestion for a semi-automatic I'm open to just about anything in the $350-$500 range.
The Ravens are sweet little pocket pistols and fun to work on. Only worth about $50, though and .22LR is probably a more effective round than .25ACP.

Of the two I've mentioned so far, the Ruger LCP, is a .380 and about the same size as your Raven. Pay $300 for one of those. The Bersa (or Firestorm - same thing) 9mm Ultra Compact - will set you back around $350 and is good value for the money.

In between the two, size wise, a couple of my buddies like the KelTec P11. It's 9mm, bigger than the LCP but smaller than the Bersa. You'd prob want a holster, unless you're very fat and have big pockets. Bud's have it in stock for $275.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

I've actually been looking for something a bit better (read = newer, more reliable), so if anyone has a suggestion for a semi-automatic I'm open to just about anything in the $350-$500 range.
Funny, didn't know you were one of "us", Ian.

Anyway, Glock 19. End of thread. (Sorry, Chartreuse )
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bill_S

The problem with Glocks is, you have to wear your trousers hanging down by your knees, with your underpants showing. And that can get quite chilly, depending on where you live, time of year etc...
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I find this a really intersting thread. We have a Raven P25 pistol that my wife's ex got for her (which, by the way, she's never even fired). I find the slide action to be a bit crappy, but it's an inexpensive gun so I can't complain too much.
Thats a saturday night special ..cheap and nasty ... do not use it ... I wont buy or sell them ..

take a look at http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selecto...=709&toggle=tp
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S

I agree ..my main carry is a 19C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.