CBP Form 3299 - US Customs

Wikiposts

CBP Form 3299 - US Customs

Old May 27th 2014, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

jtb87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CBP Form 3299 - US Customs

Hi all,
I feel kinda ridiculous asking this as it is probably straight forward and I might be having a mad moment...

Moving to US shortly with my USC wife and we are going to be sending over a fair few boxes of our stuff, a lot of which came from the US originally. On the inventory list page, part 4, it asks about foreign merchandise being purchased in US previously. How could I fill that out? I can't remember the costs of most of our items or where we bought most of it, and we also have a lot of sentimental items etc in there too that have been passed down etc.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Old May 27th 2014, 7:54 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CBP Form 3299 - US Customs

It isn't asking for the cost you paid it is asking for the current value. I'm sure you can determine what each item is worth. You must have an idea of where and when, doesn't have to be spot on best you can remember. As to the stuff passed down, state that.

But it is only asking in box 10 about foreign made articles purchased in the US. Not all articles you took with you from the US.