Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

car rental when going back to the UK

car rental when going back to the UK

Old May 15th 2003, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

ifsmithy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car rental when going back to the UK

am going back to UK for ten days soon and was wondering whether anyone has ever rented a car when they have gone back, if so who are the best to go with
cheers
Ian
Old May 15th 2003, 7:49 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Without a doubt www.easycar.com . The cars are all new and very cheap, the insurance is included by paying a flat fee, and there are a plethora of branches where you can pick up the car. It can all be booked online and you can change the booking whenever you want. I have one of their cars sitting outside my house as I write! (And no...I don't work for the company!)
Old May 15th 2003, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I use different company each time. Always check see who is cheapest (Online Expedia, then book direct). Last 2 times Thrifty, join their club (FOC), get 10% off + free upgrade. Use major US Credit card (Check with your card Co) & decline the extra insurance waivers etc.
Trouble with Easy they only have really small cars. Mercedes A class.
Reg. Frank R.
Old May 15th 2003, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by frrussre
I use different company each time. Always check see who is cheapest (Online Expedia, then book direct). Last 2 times Thrifty, join their club (FOC), get 10% off + free upgrade. Use major US Credit card (Check with your card Co) & decline the extra insurance waivers etc.
Trouble with Easy they only have really small cars. Mercedes A class.
Reg. Frank R.

i'm not too bothered about the size really, easycar undercut my cheapest quote by 140 pound (using expedia).....not bad at all!!!!!
having been over in the USA for only 3 months, I dont have a credit card that comes with free car rental insurance either (checked into that one already) so Easycar looks like the best bet.
cheers
Ian
Old May 16th 2003, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

ifsmithy, don't forget to wash the car before you return it, or they will charge you.

Have a great time, say hello to Blighty.
Reg. Frank R.
Old May 16th 2003, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by frrussre
ifsmithy, don't forget to wash the car before you return it, or they will charge you.

Have a great time, say hello to Blighty.
Reg. Frank R.

will do frank, looking forward to a luke warm pint of ale, sitting inside the pub watching the rain! (I'm in California!!!)
thanks
Ian
Old May 16th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's the greyness that will get you. Or at least thats what my US born wife always complained about, while living in UK.

Reg. Frank R.