Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

car loans....

car loans....

Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:13 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default car loans....

My lovely bank manager and I were chatting today about car financing. He's just bought a used car from carvana and got the financing through Randolph Brooks credit union for 2.5% - of course he has excellent credit - he also said that UFCU is good and that in May they will be doing some really good car finance deals. We both agreed that Carvana finance was too high. How about a thread on all this?

We are about to buy another car from Carvana (unfortunately not a Leaf) but a 2014 Prius V (station wagon), they were by far the cheapest for this car and the whole process, so far, has been really easy.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car loans....

They seem to have reasonable prices, I'll be interested to see how the car turns out for you. The trouble I am having is that I want collision avoidance which these types of sites don't mention.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 1:28 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
They seem to have reasonable prices, I'll be interested to see how the car turns out for you. The trouble I am having is that I want collision avoidance which these types of sites don't mention.
Well, the car we have bought was much cheaper than we could have bought locally - must be an Austin thing where hybrid cars are in abundance and hold their prices. The trade in offer on our car was a teensy bit low but the finance rate was good, so when you looked at the total deal, buying through carvana was the best deal for us.

Also, very nice not to have to deal with local car sales people who don't seem to realise that slimy, underhand sales practices are not only obvious but odious too.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

markcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond repute

Advancial Credit Union for anyone whose building credit. Helps if you have an account with them, as you get a discount. They have a specific ex-pat scheme.

I got 20k pre-approved no problems.

3.77% was the rate I got for 36 months. Its a cheaper rate the longer you pay, but I wanted three years.